Miniature HJ Knife?

Thanks Received
This miniature is for sale on GDC. Has anybody seen one of these before? Interesting item and surely not often seen if it is legitimate. The sales add gives the dimensions of about 6.5 inches overall. Perhaps a toy or novelty of some sort, I don't think this could be any type of officially sanctioned item of HJ kit. You have to be a registered member there to view sales threads so I've copied the photos to show it here.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Look at the rivetts, all beaten half flat like knives where the grips have been removed to put fake HJ diamond in. the inscription is of course a joke done by someone at home with electric engraveing tool. Even those knives called 'DJ' have better quality than this. Could it be a unofficial copy done by Volksdeutsche somewhere? That's the only reason I can think for this miserable quality..

mini HJ

DOES THIS ENGRAVING ON A MINI HJ KNIFE LOOK CORRECT FOR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING CONSIDERING IT IS A MINIATURE ?? HAVE NEVER SEEN A MINI HJ BEFORE SAME STORY VET BRINGBACK SO AM CURIOUS AND AM TRYING TO BUY IT ON SPEC ANY THOUGHTS MOST APPRECIATED
:canada1

Attachments

Last edited:
I understand it has nothing to do with the HJ but that it is a period child's toy that went with a uniform as they liked to do then. I believe it is a toy that went with a period uniform like they did to look like daddy they even had mini helmets so this is what I think it is and have bought it on spec :canada1

I like Paul's theory as well. Whatever it is, it has been defaced with a poor attempt at placing a motto.

I don't frequent GDC these days, so out of interest, what is the asking price?

Regards

Russ

Thanks Garry, I'd rather have a beater HJ for that price!

Regards

Russ

Have seen at least one pic of a 3-4 year old dressed as an HJ complete with the knife, may even be on this site. Am sure this is a toy related to that compulsion they had to uniform their toddlers . The knife is well well made and would think the grip diamond is made that way to avoid RZM laws. Anyhow bought it on that premise and me thinks would have this over a beater HJ any day :snow: :canada1

just an update, received this little gem today and am very pleased, no doubt it is a period toy knife to go with a mini me uniform and seems to be of a superior construction to several mini army and luft daggers currently on sites. :canada1

wish I could find the picture of a youngster in uniform, can not remember where it was listed, anyhow Darrin have a great Independence DAY down there. :canada1

Ready for the usual 4th of July idiots that think it's a good opportunity to fire guns during the fireworks!

Attachments

size comparison HJ and Toy knife

here are side by side pics tried to add in the WIKI but can see them:canada1

Attachments

Hi Paul,

Thx for these comparison pics. I like it, would probably bought it myself also should I've seen it.
I would present it as a side object next to the rest of my collection, as some kind of oddity, side product probably customed made for a family who wanted to dress up there youngster (still too young at the time to enter the Hitler youth) but as a convinced partymember I'm sure one dad wanted to dress up his boy to show off to other members of the party how committed his entire family was. He could dress up his son, so he could on gatherings of some sort brag and proudly present his son, all dressed up even with a knife. How cute.......:crying: would people say probably at the time.
wizardelf
:belgium

Back