Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please login to view user info
    Eliko,

I dont agree with you. Everything what a collector collects is worth to be collected. It depends on the collectors view, his aims, his love, his attitude. First class or demaged stain ones. Ones ideal value cannot be compared with money or explained with brightness. I myself respect everyones. So far my comment. Your knife is very good in condition, "nice" is a more individual meaning. Have a nice day. Northwind

I tend to agree with Northwind. Each person has an individual taste or preference to the items they collect. There are often many different influences, some of which Northwind has expressed above. Another key influence can be the budget a collector is limited to. While items in top condition are generally favoured by many, well used items also have a strong appeal to many others. There are no right or wrongs as everyone has their own reasons to collect the pieces they like.

Generally, when it comes to edged weapons, the better the condition, the higher the price they command and they may increase in value more than a well used piece, but that doesn't make it better. It may mean more to one person, but not another.

One of my favourite pieces is a very well used mottoed Halbach, sharpened on both sides and extremely dirty all over which was quite cheap but it has a magical appeal to me, but maybe not to anyone else.

Regards

Russ

Russ, I confirm your words. No one can feel the personal magic, the smell of old leather, the reflecting of a blades inscription, the spirit of the past. Regards, Northwind

Thanks a lot for your comments, Russ. This knife, however, has already left my collection, and am waiting now for another one in its place. I will post it when I receive it, probably next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
    This really is a beautiful example of a knife that is not often seen.

Not a commonly seen maker mark as opposed to the later RZM marked knives by the same maker.

Despite a little sharpening, it has retained the original blade shape very well.

For your first knife, you've picked a real beauty!

Regards

Russ

Northwind and Russ: you are right in your views. Very right. Needless to say, I respect everyone's tastes; I did not mean to offend anyone's preferences. What I really meant is that I would not buy a knife that is too damaged. It is not worth collecting for me. This is simply my personal opinion. I apologize if you or anyone else felt offended. I am here to learn and I really appreciate your views and opinions and, of course, anyone's preferences, as it cannot be otherwise.

Hi Eliko, I don't believe any offence has been taken, and there is no need of an apology at all!

As you have just said above, everyone's taste is different!

We all like different things for different reasons, cheers.

Regards

Russ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12