My Hj knife - RZM M7/40 Hartkopf & co, Solingen

Thanks Received
Hi,

It's my HJ knife: RZM M7/40 Hartkopf & co, Solingen

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Orel,

Nice Hartkopf hj knife,

i see it has the solid red/opaque enamel daimond insignia, can you tell me if the daimond has movement or not ?

Regards Mac 66.

perhaps its just gunk , but it looks like its glued in,it looks like there is residue by the side of the diamond

could be, like i saidin the previous post, could just be some gunk, but worth invetigating

hi,
the old propriaitaire stuck it whit some glue, but it's an authentic diamond.

Question: Was the cut-out for the diamond not pere-moulded? and did it not run straight.. on this knife it looks like it has been cut out by hand, and does not run parallel to the small grips in the handle?
See pic....

Attachments

Good question...
but i have not the answer.think you the diamond is false?

on most good hj's the grips do not run parallel with the diamond

on most good hj's the grips do not run parallel with the diamond

Stu,

Thats True Mate & is a good sign of Authenticity imo.

Regards Mac 66.
LOL, some sharp eyes here :bounce:The second image, i.e. the cut-out below the opaque example in the image i showed previously, that i used to "ask the question", is from a FAKE HJ knife :)
I would also agree that it is a good indication that it`s not a fake handle.

Well what would you do if the diamond fell out, and you did not have the equipment to take it apart and put another diamond in?
If you were a HJ kid, you would glue it back. If you wanted it done professionally, you would send it to T.Wittman (LOL) and if you were just a 0815 collector, i guess you would glue it back in.

ok,
sorry, i had not understand...:001_rolleyes:
the grips of my knife are good because they're not parrallel with the diamond

and what 's that a collector 0815?????
Salu Orel

In German, the abbreviation 0815, (Nullachtfünfzehn) means a very normal "thing" so i mean a normal collector ... a run of the mill collector ... just a normal person collecting a few things and happy with them, not taking any special or deep interest on 1 thing, or 1 item.

Back