My HJ knives - Part 2

Thanks Received
OK i think ive got the hang of posting , so here are the rest of the pictures of my knifes,,,,,steve

Eickhorn M7/66

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

A few more - Tiger Solingen M7/68 1936

Attachments

last ones for now,,,

G. Gräfrath M7/30 1936

Attachments

Keep them comming , really nice friend.

hi steve
looking great and the posting thing is great the way we can now postlots of pics on one thread is brilliant
stu

Thanks fellas
Yes its good stu , it took me a while to work out how to load multiple pictures not being to computor literate:rolleyes:

Zander, some very nice knives in your collection. The Grafrath example is interesting - is there any sign of a motto? I ask, because the blade is dated 1936, but it seems all Grafrath and Grawiso blades are dated 1936, whether they have motto's or not. If anyone has one with a date other than 1936, I'd love to see it.

Regards

Russ

Hi Russ
Just had a look and there is not the faintest sign of a motto , i thought that the rzm stamped on the ricasso was for knifes made from 1938 onwards, have you seen them with a motto stamped 36, its certainly a puzzle,

steve

Zander, there are several examples with the motto dated 1936, which is why I asked because even near to mint condition blades are also dated 1936 and do not have mottoes at all. Perhaps they just made a huge batch of blades and stamped them, and maybe etched the motto when orders for sale were received for them. Another collector has observed that all the steel ones had a motto and all the zinc based ones had no motto. Another theory as to why this is seen is because perhaps the company did not wish to invest in a new die, hence all their blades with ricasso are dated 1936. Certainly an interesting knife to have in your collection for whatever reason is true.

Regards

Russ

dont mean to be a pooper but the first picture the knife diamond follows the angle of the grip,this is a sure sign of a copy not an original HJ knife,i beleave there nether follow the check plate lines?

Jonpaul, your statement above is incorrect. Just like the theory that all diamonds should wiggle is incorrect.
This should be regarded as a red flag, to check all other details of the knife more thoroughly.
Most reproductions run parallel with the plate pattern, which is probably how this 'fact' came about.
But is does not mean that all examples exhibiting this characteristic are fakes.

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
Back