in need of answers about a knife

Thanks Received
if anyone could help me, i would greatly appreciate it. i was recently given a Hitler youth knife. Its an RZM 7/13. Its in very good shape, but theres something carved on the knifes case, and i cant figure out what it is. The carving says "RFS/3 Mölln". I dont know much about the german language, but i was thinking Molln might be a name. But again, I'm not sure. again, i would appreciate any answers or opinions i recieve. thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum :001_smile:

If you an please send a photo we would be really interested to see it !

Nick

RFS Mölln is likely to stand for Reichsfinanzschule Mölln. I don't know exactly when the school was opened but I have a reference for an attendee who studied there in 1940. It was located in the former NCO training school which was finished in 1917.

The HJ members at the RFS were organised into Stämme which were subordinate to the HJ Gebiet in which the school was located so the 3 could stand for Stamm 3. I can't say 100% that this is true in the case of Mölln however as it is not mentioned in the section of the regulations dealing with the raising of the RFS Stamm.

Back