Olympic Hitler Youth AND 1935 Reichsparteitag daggers

Thanks Received
I know that these daggers are well covered on this site, but they still come up on the most respected sites (admin edit: in this case the dealer is Wittman).I could see the possibility of the 1935 dagger just being a souvenir of the party meeting as it has no diamond. should it then be called a HJ dagger at all.There is a price of just short of $2000 for each plus both carry the same "when the wall came down "story.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

They just look beautiful and so it is tempting to offer these if you can get $2000.
I was there when the wall came down, I was checking for old stuff for weeks in the GDR.
Not a single one of these was ever offered there.
There is no written evidence for any of these daggers in any original papers between 1933 and 1945.
So don't ever buy the story - as tempting as it might be.
I personaly would spend not more than $20 for one of these.
But I have to admit that I would put it on ebay right away, because someone will for sure buy it for lots and lots of money.
Even though I would never say that this is something from before 1945.
:001_cool:

Buy the item , not the story ... I dont like these knives . The "GOD LIKE " dealers should be ashamed .

You can pick these up from German Wanna-B-Puff Skulls for €500 a pop. They made it into a German Militaria collectors magazine last year as Genuine :001_smile:
I think its awesome that people like Santa Claus and Johnson are listing this stuff. This is, the epitome of their 50 years research and knowledge, plus Bible-series that most dagger collectors pray to 5 times a day (at least) and reflects exactly what i have always thought and said about about both of them.
Weiter so .... :thumb:

Just as genuine as the RZM M6 HJ knife being sold as an original on the same site a few years ago...

Regards

Russ

But I have to admit that I would put it on ebay right away, because someone will for sure buy it for lots and lots of money.
No my friend, i doubt if anyone will pay loads of money for it now. a few years ago maybe, but as far as i am aware, all the (normal) collectors in Germany are well aware that this is a fantasy piece of pooh.
If you host this on MFF all you will get is giggles. (but host it on German Daggers.com and you will get people drooling... example here, with people like Weinland chipping in that its a standard run piece. LINK)
Here is the one that is still sitting on a German Dealers site for only €650.-, way less than half of what Santa Claus is asking, and MUCH less than good old Charlie Snyder is offering his rare one for.
I dont know if the dagger on the German site is still sitting, or just relisted because he will have more than one, he also always has the HJ-Olympic 1936 daggers..by the BOX LOAD, as do dealers like Johnson, Wittmann, Snyder and Bob from Germania Intl.
People who buy these, host pictures on forums and relish in their 1935 Souvenir really deserve scolding......... guys, that €500.- could have been donated to Save the Rain Forest or the Borneo Orangutan fund...c`mon.....

Attachments

Interesting. During the course of this thread on the bogus so called "DJ/BDM" knives http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f31/dj-deutsches-jungvolk-knives-180/, I had some correspondence with Mr Johnson and Mr Weinand. This is what Mr Weinand told me about these so called DJ/BDM knives. But, please see the last paragraph below for his views on other "HJ style knives with embellished blades" dated September 2009.

Regards

Russ

Dear Russell,
I have been buying Third Reich militaria from veterans for many years, to be exact over fifty. During this time I have bought four of the "DJ" style Hitler Youth Knives. All were in mint to near mint condition showing no previous use by the Germans.
Most of the veterans couldn't remember where they found them, but all did state that they were new and unused when they obtained them. All of the ones I found had the HJ Diamond on the scabbard obverse. None were maker marked.
Now, it is widely known that this style knife WAS available from Solingen manufacturers sans the HJ Diamond and in the same form that we all see from time to time at shows. Some were aluminum hilt and some, especially from Klaas, came with the steel plated hilt. Klaas is KNOWN to have produced this same knife post war in its catalog.
My belief, based on the number of mint "DJ" knives found and the odd number of "bowie blade style" HJ Knives found from WKC, is that when supplies became limited and the demand for HJ Knives continued, certain Solingen manufacturers just converted remaining supplies to cover the HJ demand with "unofficial" style HJ Knives. I believe that this is what we are encountering. No such thing as a BDM or DJ knife in my opinion.
Also, other than the Puma Party Day Knife, I am unsure as to the originality of the other group of HJ style knives with embellished blades. I have NEVER bought such a knife from a veteran and don't know of any that came directly out of the veteran's hands to date. This is just an opinion, not cut in stone.
Ron Weinand

The knife shown above on the purple background is marked Emil Voos, the one on the green background is marked Puma. From memory, I think the knife Mr Weinand is referring to above is not the same as the Puma shown above (but I may be mistaken). Perhaps he may see this thread, and comment on this.

Apologies, I can't view the pics on GDC.

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
Hi Russell. I have been buying Third Reich Militaria for so long now that you must Listen up son! Thats why i have started my reply to you by first making it clear of how many years i have been buying and selling directly out of veterans hands, feet and elbows. To impregnate it into your head from the start, that even though i will end this mail with "its only my opinion" you had best believe that my opinion is not only etched in stones, but cut deep into the minds of so many silly people who hang on my opinion, that my opinion has in fact replaced all forms of religious scriptures known to us. Dont buy the story Russell, BUY MY OPINION !! then sell it back to Johnson, he always takes them for $400.- a pop wink wink

In all fairness now, it should start off: Me and my kind have been ruining the Third Reich militaria hobby with our opinions and vet fables, all backing each other up for many years, to be exact over fifty. And we are all proud to say that we did not spend just 1 of those fifty years trying to first learn the actual facts and history, but just jumped in the deep end, into a pit of seething, twisting, writhing and story spewing veterans.. and we lapped it up !
Him and his kind bought so many stories back in the day that none of them really know whats real and whats fake anymore.

Collectors know today to not buy the story, its posted every day on threads all over the web, but yet they buy from these "dealers" who bought the story for the last 50 years, and are still buying it today. :h:h
When one gets caught with his trousers down, he quickly asks the advice of Santa or Johnson, and will be proud and happy to say "Well They said its real, they have also seen, also heard, also acquired directly from vets.-.... in fact it will be pictured in Santa`s upcoming book." so they sell you another story, based on a story they have just been told, by someone they trust, and that in turns makes them think that this is good enough reason for you to trust them??? all of them are buying, sucking and swallowing the stories still to this very day.... think about it ! rather invest money in doing some research first and finding out, IF, the story they are so veteranly-sure of, has anything at all to do with history.

I have heard that these are coming out of Austria along with some excellent railroad daggers that can almost pass as originals. Currently being sold in England I have heard. A couple of years back, the dealer from England was selling the railroad daggers on ebay for $450.00

Back