Opinions on a Dutch Jeugdstorm HJ dagger

Thanks Received
Dear all, I am new at this forum and have been a knife collecter for a long time. Today I came across a Dutch Jeugdstorm HJ dagger, of which some things look genuine but some really don't. The blade looks authentic at first glance, but instead of the usual 'Moed, Eer en Trouw' it says: "Moed, Eer end Trouw', this struck me as weird. Furthermore, of course the handle does not end up. I am not sure what to think of this knife, the current owner lives in Belgium and claims that he recently got it from an old man.

Does anyone recognize any of this? As real, assembled from parts, or fake?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I see a lot of odd things with this knife. For me, it's a fantasy item. I'm not a knife collector at all. Jan would be the person here that knows the Dutch Jeugdstorm items. I would defer to his experience.

I am not at all experienced with daggers, but this is not Jeugdstorm,
as they had another dagger (with whitish grip and blue Jeugdstorm symbol).
The motto is wrong and I bet the whole is bogus/fantasy!
Jan will know anyway if such a dagger as shown ever has existed!

Thanks for your useful replies...you comfirmed my thoughts about this knife. Especially the incorrect spelling on the blade is a giveaway (among other things). I'll pass on this item. Thanks guys!

Defintely FAKE.
included for you some pics to compare with the real deal.
No I do not have these in my collection since I only collect transitionals, but should I come across one I would certanly try to buy it, sinc it is my opiion tey ae quite scarce.
Up untill now Ihaven't seen to many of these.
So would be a nice odity to my collection.
Mike
:belgium

Attachments

The scabbard on the incredibly expensive Dutch knife for sale at the ruptured duck right now is different to the one shown here? In any case, give credit where it is due, and Bill Shea really does have a beaut here for sale, (the knife, not the scabbard)
But imho, the price of U$D 3`450.- is a result of a weeks heavy drinking and a wonky calculator..

edit: No, the scabbard seems to be the same, must be my eyes, maybe it`s me who was on a week-long boozing trip...
LINK

Attachments

Last edited:
The scabbard on the incredibly expensive Dutch knife for sale at the ruptured duck right now is different to the one shown here? In any case, give credit where it is due, and Bill Shea really does have a beaut here for sale, (the knife, not the scabbard)
But imho, the price of U$D 3`450.- is a result of a weeks heavy drinking and a wonky calculator..

edit: No, the scabbard seems to be the same, must be my eyes, maybe it`s me who was on a week-long boozing trip...
LINK

I totally agree. Altough this knife is fairly scarce and this example is really a beauty, the pricetag is way OFF.
Much too high priced in my opinion.
Really a shame, altough I collect myself only transitionals, and this one clearly falls not into this category, I would have loved (if the price would have been more reasonable) to add it to my collection as some sort of an eyecatcher.
Mike

Well the straps is broke, and the knife is heavily worn, but what a patina, surely un-touched. I hope someone will chime in as to what a reasonable price would be? Off the top of my balding head, i will say around $1500.- expensive for a youth knife, in this condition, but what a rare knife, and what a beauty :biggrin1: How could you not like it? It would be the absolute eye catcher in ANY HJ knife collection.

Attachments

That is about the prize I had in might. ($1500US)
In the past I bought allready a few things from Bill, and all were in my opinion fairly priced, but this piece altough it would make an excellent highlight in anyones collection is IMO overprized.
Mike

Nick 100 % fantasy jeugdstormdagger !
But it is clear by now.

Attachments

Nationale Jeugdstorm youth knife - Collectors Guild OFF THEIR ROCKER

Well, if you though 3,500 was expensive, how about 6,500.- LOL:sad:

LINK

Attachments

Wow.. The consignor is pushing the envelope hard with that one :001_unsure:

Ruptured Ducks one is still sitting unsold at 3,500.- what makes Collectors Guild think they can fleece 6-large off someone for a very bad condition knife?
Make that 6 and a half large! plus shipping...
ai ai ai

Back