Opinions on this early WKC Solingen HJ knife?

Thanks Received
Hello
I need Opinion´s on this HJ Knife......
mfg Brian

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It looks okay to me. Condition is sort of rough and scabbard appears to have been repainted. You can see where the hanger has been oversprayed in one of the photos. Others here can give you better information, knives are not something I collect.

I would hang on for more opinions Brian if you can as there are members here with more knowledge on knives then Darin and I. Can you see traces of the motto on the blade at all?

Hello Garry
....I can´t see a Motto.....early Knives have the motto.....right??
mfg Brian

That's my understanding Brian. This knife has no ricasso which means that it's from the early period where the knives had the motto.

Have a look at pic 2, first knife in this post. That's an early one (from a different maker) with no ricasso but with the motto. This is how the early knives should look.

I agree with Garry and Darin. An original, early no-ricasso knife, missing the buffer as they often are on early ones. This would have had a motto, but it has been worn away with cleaning or use over time.

Regards

Russ

I agree with Garry and Darin. An original, early no-ricasso knife, missing the buffer as they often are on early ones. This would have had a motto, but it has been worn away with cleaning or use over time.

Regards

Russ
Hello
GREAT!! Thank´s!!
mfg Brian

Back