Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please login to view user info
    I will make pictures this week.
    If i find the thread on warrelics i will show the link...

Thanks Russ and Smolders,
    This knife came up in auction at a well known Britsh Military Auctioneers. In contrast to most British auctioneers, who put disclaimers on German Items in their auctions, they stated that all the items I the auction were genuine. It went for £220 hammer, about £270 including commission charges and VAT.
    I think that they may have missed the mark with this one, which is why I decided not to bid on it. On the face of it, it appears to be a transitional knife, with the high ricasso and motto, but why no maker or RZM markings? They state that there are some other markings that are only faintly visible and don't appear to have attempted to photograph them.
    I'm afraid that I don't have any other pics Russ. Together with the grip rivets and the too neatly fitting diamond, which seems to follow exactly the serrations on the handle, then this seems to be a very mucked about knife with possibly some original and some reproduction parts.
    I thought that I would post it because I have never come across one exactly like it. I wonder if someone has tried to remove the fake RZM marking off the same type of dagger as you posted Russ?
    Thanks,
    Peter

Sometimes they have an inkt stamp.
    They can fade away...

I've seen examples of them.

I'm fairly sure this was one of the fake RZM M7/2 knives with the marking removed on the obverse ricasso. Plates have been removed and another diamond fitted. It doesn't make sense in this configuration without a maker and/or an RZM Mark, if the motto is etched.

I think you made the right decision by letting this one go.

Regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
    I'm fairly sure this was one of the fake RZM M7/2 knives with the marking removed on the obverse ricasso. Plates have been removed and another diamond fitted. It doesn't make sense in this configuration without a maker and/or an RZM Mark, if the motto is etched.

I think you made the right decision by letting this one go.

Regards

Russ
    Thanks Smolders and Russ,
    It's a pity that I hadn't posted it earlier, so that I could have questioned the auctioneer on some of these points. Anyway, like you said, it certainly seems to have been the right decision to have let it go.
    Thanks,
    Peter

Guys.
    I knew there were 3 variants of diamonds..
    Only.. The sizes I wrote above are wrong.
    I made a new thread with the right sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by smolders View Post
    I made a new thread with the right sizes.
    https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f31...iations-10678/

Thanks Smolders and crack,
    Peter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12