Opinions neede on HJ Knife RZM M7/13

Thanks Received
I have recently aqcuired this HJ Knife wichh seemed OK in photographs, but I note that the quillion arm seems smaller than other ones that I have, in fact it is the same size as the one on a well known fake that I have. I would welcome opinions on this and attach some pics.
Thanks,
Peter.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Thanks Mike,
I don't know what BDM or DJ knives are, but someone else might chip in with an opinion on this one.
Thanks,
Peter.

The BDM is for girls and the DJ were for younger kids,To be honest I am not sure if the BDM had knives that were different than the HJ.Where are thye experts

Thanks operaman for clarifying the BDM and DJ issue. Perhaps someone else will chip in on the knife.
Peter.

Looks like an original standard sized HJ knife to me. The quillons on some of mine are slightly different in size but nothing vast.

Which fake knife are you referring to?

Operaman, Wingcowyn, there are no such knives as BDM and DJ - they are titles given to the small unknown knife similar to an HJ knife by dealers so they can legitimise them and sell them. The HJ knife was supplied to the HJ and DJ - there are period documents stating this and there are no period documents, catalogues, references etc, showing or even mentioning the so called BDM and DJ knives for issue to those organisations.

If the subject of these so called BDM and DJ knives interests you, read this thread.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f31/dj-deutsches-jungvolk-knives-180/

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
I should have added above that this is my opinion only, but which I believe is shared by many. I guess each person needs to make up their own minds regarding the BDM-DJ title. I'd have to ask a dealer advertising these as a BDM or DJ knife, what period information can they show me that proves this title is correct. Otherwise, it's just sales pitch in my opinion.

Regards

Russ

Did the BDM get knives? and what is a DJ knife? I have seen the category on some sites but they are always sold out and there is no picture.

Hi Mike, you can see one here - towards the bottom of the page, advertised as a DJ knife.

Lakesidetrader German Dagger & Hitler Youth Collectable Site

There is no period evidence to support the issuing of any knife to the girls BDM. There is however, plenty of period evidence to support that the HJ knife was issued to the DJ. In the thread I mentioned above, I placed a period pic taken from a documentary showing HJ knives being presented to DJ personnel which supports period documentation that this is a fact. The thread above is long, but worth a read.

In addition to the plain knife on the link, there are also other variants of the BDM-DJ knife - the "rare" versions with a diamond in the hilt or on the scabbard...for an even higher price...but again, no supporting documentation.

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
...but again, no supporting documentation.

The only supporting documentation, is what the people who sell these all the time have published in their own Reference books about them. (Backed up with zero period evidence or facts) I believe there was at least one or two on T Johnsons site early this year. The Enamel Diamond on the outside of the scabbard, Great idea, i imagine that would have been the first thing to get chipped/Broken/Shattered. It`s a Muppet idea, and IMHO is a post war fabrication from a likeminded Muppet.

first off the knife shown is a very late war example by the most common maker and is of course correct in all ways. We have been discussing these so called DJ knives elsewhere and are completely bogus designed to suck in the newbies and unwary folks with more money than grey matter. Stick to the known and you will collect with great joy

:canada1

Thanks, Russ, operaman, metallwarenfabrik and Paul.
Very interestingb set of posts.
Peter.

Back