Opinions needed on unusual Hitler Youth Olympic Knife

I totally agree with Daren ... If an item needs too much explanation "just to sell itself" , then it will be a hard sell down the road.
I prefer items with " no explanation needed !
Easy sell ... Period ... !

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the Swastika was not allowed on any 36 Olympic souvenirs.I think I read this on this site sonetime ago.

correct the olympic commitee banned the use of the swastika on any olympic items

correct the olympic commitee banned the use of the swastika on any olympic items
This is not as straight forward as it sounds. There is however, for those interested in doing some research, plenty of information on this in the UM magazines leading up to▬and beyond the 1936 Olympics. A particularly interesting article titled Olympia=Andenken-Olympia=Abzeichen can be found in the May 15th 1936 ausgabe.
I dont agree at all that any Olympic item that has a swastika on it is a Fake because i know this is not the case, (not awards as has been mentioned, but actual items used during the Olympics) but do of course agree that these HJ Olympic knives are post war Fantasy pieces, as well as many other things.
There is also plenty of period proof that Olympic items that were not supposed to be made, were indeed made, and in some cases confiscated. These are also mentioned in some detail in more than 1 period source.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
wish i could speak german would make research so much easier, always having to rely on pass down translations is never 100% accurate

Back