Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Rare HJ (Studentenbund) Hitler Youth Knife Aufbauschule Saulgau

Hi, i am new in the forum but a long time collector of militaria. Here i want to show you not my nicest HJ Knife but my rarest one. Marked Aufbauschule Saulgau!!

About the Aufbauschule: Aufbauschule Saulgau was a secondary school in the state of Württemberg. That school was for children from members of the Wehrmacht,Luftwaffe,Navy, SS, RAD and NSDAP as well as political Organisations.(I left it in the condition how it was found) I do not think many of those Aufbauschule marked Knifes exist today.

skalp

Attached Images Attached Images

nice one never seen one before

Were the students of this school members of the HJ? and why is there no motto or diamond on this knife.

Hello Skalphunter....Welcome to the Forum
    In The Link You see a HJ Sidecap from Saulgau....
    https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f6/...ermuetze-5810/
    mfg Brian

The diamond was definately removed after the war. So called denazified.With the motto i am not sure but there where HJ knifes with and without mottos on the blade. skalp

After August 19, 1938 the HJ-Fahrtenmesser officially should have no motto anymore
    (wird jetzt ohne die auf der Klinge angebrachte Aufschrift hergestellt und geliefert).
    Old stocks were allowed to be sold out! In fact, when such a dagger was offered, such one
    was not allowed to be refused!

(Note from the "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt", VI/16 section Organisationsamt from August
    19,1938)

I have no idea, but it is well possible daggers with motto were even sold up till the start
    of the war (1940), as stocks may have been large for this common type of dagger. I guess
    the shown one from Saulgau could be from 1942/1943 or so!
    Last edited by wilhelm saris; 17th April 2012 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walhall View Post
    Hello Skalphunter....Welcome to the Forum
    In The Link You see a HJ Sidecap from Saulgau....
    https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f6/...ermuetze-5810/
    mfg Brian
    Nice cap Brian. That´s definately from the same school ((((-; I forgot to mention that the maker M7/38 is Paul Seilheimer Solingen
    skalp