Rare HJ (Studentenbund) Hitler Youth Knife Aufbauschule Saulgau

Thanks Received
Hi, i am new in the forum but a long time collector of militaria. Here i want to show you not my nicest HJ Knife but my rarest one. Marked Aufbauschule Saulgau!!

About the Aufbauschule: Aufbauschule Saulgau was a secondary school in the state of Württemberg. That school was for children from members of the Wehrmacht,Luftwaffe,Navy, SS, RAD and NSDAP as well as political Organisations.(I left it in the condition how it was found) I do not think many of those Aufbauschule marked Knifes exist today.

skalp

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Were the students of this school members of the HJ? and why is there no motto or diamond on this knife.

The diamond was definately removed after the war. So called denazified.With the motto i am not sure but there where HJ knifes with and without mottos on the blade. skalp

After August 19, 1938 the HJ-Fahrtenmesser officially should have no motto anymore
(wird jetzt ohne die auf der Klinge angebrachte Aufschrift hergestellt und geliefert).
Old stocks were allowed to be sold out! In fact, when such a dagger was offered, such one
was not allowed to be refused!

(Note from the "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt", VI/16 section Organisationsamt from August
19,1938)

I have no idea, but it is well possible daggers with motto were even sold up till the start
of the war (1940), as stocks may have been large for this common type of dagger. I guess
the shown one from Saulgau could be from 1942/1943 or so!

Last edited:
Back