Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Real Deal? Opinions on this M7/13 HJ Knife

Hi All,

How are you?

What do you think about this HJ knife? good or bad? It is a transitional HJ knife (1936-39), marked M7/13, common one.

It has the Motto, and the characteristics of a post 1939.

Thanks for your help.

regards

Antonio

Attached Images Attached Images

I like it,can't see anything wrong.Good honest ware

i'd like to see a photo of the reverse rivets and grip

I don't like the diamond or the plates from these pics - they look 'brand new' and extremely clean compared with the condition of the hilt. I'd say they have been added to the knife to perhaps replace damaged grips and diamond.

Regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
    I don't like the diamond or the plates from these pics - they look 'brand new' and extremely clean compared with the condition of the hilt. I'd say they have been added to the knife to perhaps replace damaged grips and diamond.
    I have no expertise in these things but what you say, Russ, makes much sense to me.

Hi all

First of all, thanks very much for your honest answer. I have received 2 more pictures, still the picture with the diamond ist not a good one.

Maybe the diamond has been replaced, but is the knife still an original one?

Thanks once again.

Regards

Antonio

Hi Antonio, those pics are better. Perhaps it was the lighting in the first set of pics that made the diamond and grip look too fresh. The plates appear to be fitted very well with no signs of damage. I believe the knife itself to be original - M7/13's with motto only are not as common as M7/13's without motto. Is there any movement with the diamond or is it fixed tight? I'm still not sure about the diamond, but it could be good, but looks very clean.

Regards

Russ
    Last edited by RussellM; 9th October 2011 at 09:07 PM.

Hi RussellM,

Thanks once again for your opinion and thoughts. I have contacted already my friend and passed me another picture. Please see attached and he has confirmed that the Diamond moves a little. to be honest, I dont know how much, the knife is more than 1500 Kms from me

I have a nother one and I guess it is the typical move.

Regards

Antonio

totally good

Hi all,

The owner of this Fahrtenmesser has given me the chance to buy this knife. In your opinion, what do you think it is the right price?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Antonio

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast