Real Deal? Opinions on this M7/13 HJ Knife

Thanks Received
Hi All,

How are you?

What do you think about this HJ knife? good or bad? It is a transitional HJ knife (1936-39), marked M7/13, common one.

It has the Motto, and the characteristics of a post 1939.

Thanks for your help.

regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I don't like the diamond or the plates from these pics - they look 'brand new' and extremely clean compared with the condition of the hilt. I'd say they have been added to the knife to perhaps replace damaged grips and diamond.

Regards

Russ

I don't like the diamond or the plates from these pics - they look 'brand new' and extremely clean compared with the condition of the hilt. I'd say they have been added to the knife to perhaps replace damaged grips and diamond.

I have no expertise in these things but what you say, Russ, makes much sense to me.

Hi all

First of all, thanks very much for your honest answer. I have received 2 more pictures, still the picture with the diamond ist not a good one.

Maybe the diamond has been replaced, but is the knife still an original one?

Thanks once again.

Regards

Antonio

Attachments

Hi Antonio, those pics are better. Perhaps it was the lighting in the first set of pics that made the diamond and grip look too fresh. The plates appear to be fitted very well with no signs of damage. I believe the knife itself to be original - M7/13's with motto only are not as common as M7/13's without motto. Is there any movement with the diamond or is it fixed tight? I'm still not sure about the diamond, but it could be good, but looks very clean.

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
Hi RussellM,

Thanks once again for your opinion and thoughts. I have contacted already my friend and passed me another picture. Please see attached and he has confirmed that the Diamond moves a little. to be honest, I dont know how much, the knife is more than 1500 Kms from me:001_smile:

I have a nother one and I guess it is the typical move.

Regards

Antonio

Attachments

Hi all,

The owner of this Fahrtenmesser has given me the chance to buy this knife. In your opinion, what do you think it is the right price?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Antonio

cant understand how the diamond is so mint while the rest of the dagger has planty of wear,still not convinced the diamond has not been added

I'm with you Stuart. Gents, take a close look at the pics again, with particular attention to the hilt. How can the hilt of an HJ knife be in such poor condition with a virtually pristine diamond? It's not just plating loss from bad storage. Now, take a look at the blade - this has been used an abused. And probably thrown into a few trees as well. Now take a look at the diamond again. You don't often see a diamond with 'polished' edges to it in a knife in this condition. The edges are usually blackened, with a slight rub at the corners of the white enamel where the base metal shows through. The only way to accept the diamond is original to the knife is to believe the kid wrapped a rag around the diamond everytime he used it...and kept polishing it. It's a definite red flag to me.

Regards

Russ

:yo:
I must agree with Russ.
In my opinion gripplates and diamond have been replaced on this knife.:sneaky2:
The edges of the diamond inlay follow nicely (parallel) the pattern of the gripplates, something that I'v never seen on 100% authentic knives.
With a knife that has taken a lot of bashing you should also have a diamond inlay wich wiggles more than just a bitt.
But if the price is not too high, this could be a nice starter, if the fact that it probably has been a restored piece doesn't disturb you.
wizardelf
:belgium

Thanks all for your comments and yes, in case of doubt, No way Jose.

Best Regards and many thanks

Antonio

Hi,

The consensus is that the knife is okay but that certain parts have been replaced

thanks for your opinions if you sold the knife which would be a fair price for the greetings

Back