Researching the wearer of a HJ Leader Dagger (HJ-Führerdolch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Received
Sorry to add in someone else's theme, though, and created two similar in the different sections: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f3...-fuehrerdolch-engraving-owners-initials-6437/ but maybe me can help here.

Dear Gents. I have HJ Führerdolch with engraving. Back side scabbard have letters "H.S" (I tnink that name of owner) and below "Bann 399". I think posible will know who that HY mann. HY Leader not common dagger, and knows initials and regiment can know he. That dagger was discussion about originals at GDC and WMW forums.

From salesman words-"I got that dagger directly from the family of a WW II prisoner of War. After his release, the man worked for the Americans as a translator. He accompanied the Americans during their march trough Germany. It was around that time he captured the HJ Leader dagger together with a SA dagger and some other stuff. There was also a pristine cased EKI that I kept for myself. All the things were kept in the attic during many many years."

Camrad joecool was wrote-"From the engraving , this dagger came from the town of Querfurt in Gebiet Mitte Mittelland."

I have answer from Ross Kelbaugh about that dagger-" There are few records for Hitler Youth personnel in the National Archives. If the person "H.S." joined the SS, there might be a small chance of finding him if he has a Race & Settlement File, has the required Lebenslauf, and specifically mentions being in the Bann 399. All of this would take a tremendous amount of time and still have little chance of being successful. I am sorry that I am unable to undertake this type of search due to the large number of SS research requests I receive for people that can be better documented."

Maybe you can help me,where I get more information about Bann 399? And persons who served that Bann, in high officers rank and who had rights owned that kind dagger. Thank you for your help.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back