RZM M7/2 1938 Hitler Youth Knife, real or fake?

Thanks Received
From everything I have read, I believe this knife to be real. The diamond emblem moves when it is pressed, the sheath is magnetic (according to another video I watched). The blade is chipped a little at the end, but overall I would say its in fair condition for its age. Please let me know what you think from the pictures.

RZM M7/2 1938 emblem markings on the back of the blade

Other side says "Blut und Ehre!"

If this is real just wondering what the value would be in its current condition.

Thank you

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi,

It appears you have here a transitional (rzm marking in combination with a motto) HJ Knife from 1938 from the manufacturer Emil Voos Waffenfabrik Solingen (M7/2)

I think the blade rates still Exc even though it has a little nick just before the tip of the blade. On the obverse side there the motto is still clearly visible. The blade shows furthermore signs of having been sharpened wich can be expected, knowing they were used by kids.The reverse side shows the RZM marking nicely etched on the blade wich has not faded at all. The leather bufferpad is present and looks decent. The black backelit grip plate on the obverse side shows a hairline crack but apparently stays firm in place. (or has been glued?) The diamond inlay looks very nice with no enamel damage and shows some verdigris on the sides. (always a good indication that one has not messed around with it)
The scabbard seems to have retained +90% of its black paint and the leather seems to be in a fine state also.

IMO this knife is totaly genuine, remains in an overall Exc state and can be valued at $400 to $450US
A nice piece.
Hope this was of any use to you.
Mike
:belgium

Hi,

It appears you have here a transitional (rzm marking in combination with a motto) HJ Knife from 1938 from the manufacturer Emil Voos Waffenfabrik Solingen (M7/2)

I think the blade rates still Exc even though it has a little nick just before the tip of the blade. On the obverse side there the motto is still clearly visible. The blade shows furthermore signs of having been sharpened wich can be expected, knowing they were used by kids.The reverse side shows the RZM marking nicely etched on the blade wich has not faded at all. The leather bufferpad is present and looks decent. The black backelit grip plate on the obverse side shows a hairline crack but apparently stays firm in place. (or has been glued?) The diamond inlay looks very nice with no enamel damage and shows some verdigris on the sides. (always a good indication that one has not messed around with it)
The scabbard seems to have retained +90% of its black paint and the leather seems to be in a fine state also.

IMO this knife is totaly genuine, remains in an overall Exc state and can be valued at $400 to $450US
A nice piece.
Hope this was of any use to you.
Mike
Belgium.gif

Wow, thank you for the informative, fast response! That is very cool, to think this whole time I have had this knife, I thought it was probably a replica. But up until this past weekend, I started doing some more research and from everything I found I was leaning towards it actually being authentic, and you have verified my suspicions. Thanks for that!

The hairline cracked piece was glued in apparently, this has been like this for over 25-30 years. My Dad used to be a gun dealer and got this knife in some sort of trade before I was born (I am 32). Never modified it or did anything with it, just thought it was kind of cool so I just held on to it once my Dad gave it to me.

It's very interesting especially knowing that this knife was actually used by a Hitler Youth recruit (very cool).

Thanks a lot I appreciate your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back