So- called DJ (Deutsches Jungvolk) 1936 Olympics knife just sold

The only people who seem to think that they are real, are those who are selling them,:popcorn: seems to be so true and of course those who bought them there is no turning back for them either.

:canada1

of course those who bought them there is no turning back for them either.

Lots of collectors dont care, as long as the right group of people agree that their stuff is good, thats all that they want to hear.
This happened here a while ago, i raised questions about a badge i thought was fake, posted info and reasons why, the poster ran away to a german forum, and said that i was saying his item was fake, he got approval from his german friends on that forum, and i am sure he is now comfortable and has heard the right words from the right people. A battle of reputations i guess? when we should really be consulting History first and see if that can point us in any direction before we speculate. Nobodys opinion, Big Boy or not, should be considered above Fact and History.

Big Boys and their Toys

Must just add, that there are few different Olympic knives as well, not just the Berlin version from Voos.
There is the Anton Wingen version here.
There is the kuno Ritter München version here. (sold for $63.- a real Bargain)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

And for those who want to pay a bit more than €500.- for one, you can have Oakleaf Militaria's, for a mere $2500:

Attachments

Last edited:
the really sad thing is, if enough of the so called big boys stand by them to make a quick buck, then the people who buy them will allways stand by them because of who they bought them off they must be real, and before you know it a totally bogus item is excepted as being good on the words of salesmen making a quick buck on igniorant collectors,in 20yrs time these will be good on every forum unless something changes, but then again ill never buy one so morefool the idiot who spends their hard earned money on them. some people dont want to be educated

The stamp on the packet "Berliner Olympiade" is suspect due to the fact that the games were not known by this name, but simply as the Olympics, or Olympics in Berlin, but not the Berlin-Olympics.. Re.
I will back up this slight German grammar error overseen by the fakers by using this Original 1936 Olympic knife. What does the inscription say? :good:
pic credits Americanheritage1.com

Attachments

I don't know weather this knife is real or not.The fact is that we do not know for sure what was sold as souvenirs at the 36 Olympics,for all we know the blades were sold in novelty souvenir shops and were told to stop by authorities some sold the rest destroyed.We have the same thing here in the States knock off Rolex,Prada,what ever.I have bought a lot of stuff from Lakeside and have been throughly pleased with everything.To be honest I like the knife and would consider buying one.

,for all we know the blades were sold in novelty souvenir shops and were told to stop by authorities some sold the rest destroyed.
Then how do you explain that every example known is mint, or near mint? if they were actually sold, then there would be shop window display showing them, a period catalog mention, a newspaper mention, and if they were confistaced and destroyed, then they would have been mentioned the same as other, confiscated and destroyed Olympic items were (as i mentioned above and quoted from period sources)

Makers were warned more than half a year ahead of the olympics that they would need a special permit to use the ringed-logo.
Small fake olympic stickpins? yes, i can believe that,they are even mentioned too, but boxes of daggers, all mint, all etched in the weirdest way?

Operaman, i dont need to add anything else to this thread, i know where they first came from, the USA, i know who first made them, and i have his owns words in writing to prove it. The only reason i am not just posting you pictures of his emails, is because there is:
1.No need, as the facts alone tell us they are bogus, the german grammar printed on the packets tell us that they were not made in 1936 in Germany, along with the other points mentiponed on this thread.
2.I have been saving his eMails to use when i can squash many flies with one blow and not waste them on this silly dagger which most accept is bogus anyway. (read the Forum discussions).

If you like them, then buy one, try Mr Haas, he will let you have one for €500.- instead of the $2500.- that Oakleaf will make you pay. (you save $2000.-)
But dont make the mistake of thinking that they are a "could be" item, because they are, with 101% certainty, a very late post war Fantasy item, along with the 1935 Reichsparteitag Knife.
I would sugguest that you wait until one hits ioffer, or icollector, i have seen them sell there for 200 and less.

edit:
Operaman, on LST, sure and so have i, for a few thousand dollars as well, this thread is no about questioning LST and their wares, its simply about this Dagger. I would sugguest to everyone who decides to believe any story by any Name/Big Boy, to first mail them, and ask them where they got their description from, and what facts they back up their assumption of the origins of these daggers with. A Simple "Every big boy also says they are real" is nowhere near good enough, especially when the facts tell us the opposite. Its also not good enough to use what you just said about " things were made, maybe these too" as a loop hole, as the facts in this case tell us a different story as well. This is also not about "Either produce rock solid proof or its fake". Some unique items dont have any proof as such, but most of the time, similarities and facts will help to broaden and assist our assumtions when we need to make them. In this case, we are not talking about a unique item, we are talking about boxes upon boxes of Mint daggers that look nothing like period daggers (the etching with enamel painting) all accompanied by their also mint packets, that were kept aside from the dagger as they are nice and flat, and minty too. Not to mention the fact that they are available mostly solely through people who are less than trustworthy, (not LST) and that these people constantly advertise that they have just got some more in, all the time ! So take period evidence, known facts, and the modern side of business into consideration, as well as a little hands on expirience, and you can only reach the conclusion that they "cant be". Its only a cheap dagger and not the Moon Landing theory. (New evidence surfaced recently that proves that it actually happened)

And as far as the Small white pocket knife NOT being original? Well all i will say is look at it, if you have enough expirience and a feeling for the items, it will speak to you, and say.."I am an honest piece, that you wont find on every web site, i am real and rare"

Last edited:
ok ,ok I won't buy one.I believe you that they are fakes.Thanks for the information.
I wouldnt believe me :001_huh: and i would advise anyone to not believe anyone else either, without doing their own background check first. When you let others think for you, you get taken advantage of. These Olympic daggers are just one example of Stuff thats about today, all classed as Real by a few Names, yet no homework has been done. At the end of the day, if we want this hobby to survive and flourish in the right direction, we need to ignore what we are being told, and first do some research to check if what we are being told could even possibly be. You see, there can be no arguing with facts, yet without, we see what happens, wild stories and theories, just like the three Stories above of this dagger, and why three different big named dealers believe it is real, 3 totally different stories, that should tell anyone that nobody is really sure, and no research has been done, OR, research was done, and no results turned up, so Rumour and speculation took over.

I would really like to have one of these daggers myself, to take it apart piece by piece, i am particulaly interested in what mm`s are on the back of the HJ diamonds, although on at least one of the 1936 Daggers featured on this thread, i can clearly see that the Diamond is a modern fake. Also of interest to me, is how the Diamond is affixed to the grip. A simple Xray would solve that question without the need to destroy it, if someone who owns one would be willing?? The sad part though, even if you were to find a mm or style that could be attributed to 1939, or 1942, it would not help some people, they would simply counter and say.."Well maybe the diamond got damaged and therefore period replaced.." If you really want any old item to be Real, you will find a way to justify the purchase to yourself...and if a few names agree with you, there you go, outta the window Truth and fact, and hello Modern money making ..

Back