Thanks Thanks:  0

A so-called Hitler Youth honour knife

there is a so called honour knife up for sale on the gdc forum which i feel is totally bogus. engraved only on one side of the pommel and made up from an HJ blade and a heer dress bayonet upper only 2 grand

Attached Images Attached Images

That design looks familiar. Is it shown in one of the HJ reference books (Angolia, Baker)? Who is selling it Paul? What's the sales blurb?

This was shown in Fred J. Stephens Hitler Youth book pg 82.(1973) as being real as well. I wonder if Mr Stephens still believes that these are real? In any case, there are/were no footnotes or references used in the book, only a mention that the knife (this one) was in the Tony L. Oliver collection

for sale privately on GDC sales thread. and angolia which scares me as he faked these to make sales back in the 70s

PAUL

FUNNY THING IS ANOTHER MEMBER HAS ADDED PICS OF AN HJ KNIFE WITH THE SAME NAMING INTO THE MIX VERY ODD

Here are the ones in Fredrick Stephens book (1973).
    These kinda objects seem to have stayed in the same circle of collectors for decades, every now and then they surface again.. just like the SA birds head daggers, on the WAF thread you can read who`s collections they were in long ago, and follow them over time. Poohs that wont flush imho.
    There is sadly no back up, or even a reference to any period info in the above mentioned book, only that they were part of the Tony Oliver collection.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i agree as stated these are a bogus marriage of a knife and dress bayonet meant to deceive

Please login to view user info
    Paul, this knife is also for sale over at WAF

Admin Edit: dead link - removed

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    FUNNY THING IS ANOTHER MEMBER HAS ADDED PICS OF AN HJ KNIFE WITH THE SAME NAMING INTO THE MIX VERY
    Strange looking squirrel on that Eickhorn makers mark