spanish Falange youth knife , HJ lookalike?

Thanks Received
One member of a local forum posted a knife which is a lookalike of the HJ one, but it has a Falangist diamond instead of the HJ one. Did it exist or is a fantasy item?

it exists, I saw with a Falange symbol and also with the spanish colours, both are original and very hard to find, let's show some photos of it. I also remeber that it has to have a maker's mark on the ricasso, regards.

There is one shown in "german daggers of WW2" by T. johnson vol 2 page 581....

the one shown is dated 1942 on the ricasso....

steve

This one has just come up for sale on WAF

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

here's the one from local forum. I got the permission to post it here. the blade is marked SEAM 1936-8

Attachments

Hi guys,

Thanks for the pictures.

Steve, I have never seen that diamond before, with the Spanish colours. Cool.

Zeller, nice knife too. There is another version with no colours in the diamond!!

regards

Antonio

Don't be sceptical on these ones! they exist and were made in Spain for the Falange youth movement in 30's-40's, this movement is inspired in the HJ organisation and copied much of its program and equipment. the 'SEAM' markings are for the 'Sociedad Española de Armas y Municiones' (Spanish Society of Guns & Munitions) who made them in those years, real as life, regards.

hello, I am not skeptical on the existence of the knives but on the one I posted. It looks poorly finished and it's supposed to be a very scarce item.

hi Zeller! the one you've posted is IMO completely OK, the standard of fabrication in Spain is not as high as the German ones, the insignia in this knife is the Falange symbol which is correct, not the very best condition but still a very nice knife IMO. Hard to get these ones even in Spain...Regards.

¡Viva España!Lliterally means ¡Up with Spain! is an old war cry still used today by the military forces here in Spain. Franco's regime made a wide use of it and also the Falangists so is associated mainly with Franco's miltary forces in the civil war 1936-39. Best regards.

I do really agree with Nachomenorca.

The quality can not be the same because the makers are not the same, to start with. They were made in Spain with different forms (mañana, mañana:laugh:)

It happens exactly the same with the German medals made in Spain back in the 40's and 50'. Many Spanish lost (or sold) their German awards won during their battles with the Division Azul, Legion Azul or the many SS voluntiers. So many medals were build in Spain as replacements, the difference in the quality is quite obvious.

Anyway, the bottom line is, let's not compare the Spanish and German ways.

Regards

Antonio

hello
what do you think about this, it's to a friend and perhaps my in next time....
thanks
motto on blade but not looking in pics.

Back