Stunning! New evidence for the DJ Knife found

Thanks Received
Was checking Erdmann Militaria, and stumbled across a period photo, showing stunning new evidence for the DJ knife.
er...... er...... no wait, that DJ lad is wearing what kinda looks like the normal HJ/DJ knife?
:pound:
Ein bissel spaß muss sein.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Go for it :lol:
The level that Thomas "Brian will fix it" Wittmann has sunken to is on par with Beck Militaria, just before they went tits up.
Have you seen the latest This comes directly from the son of the veteran who bright it home... Wittmann POS item? The laughable POTPOURRI #39689C Period “Zenith” Watch with SS Markings..for only 3.200!
Guy is on his last legs and clearly doesn`t give a monkey`s by listing this kind of garbage.

Attachments

Last edited:
I unearthed a photo of a girl called Helga. Clearly a postcard made for the pre-1945 UK market. She seems happy with her new issue item. This won't answer the question of whether the BDM had a special knife but at least we know that the BDM-Werk Glaube und Schönheit had them. More bad-ass than I thought they were those girls!:biggrin1:

and a photo of the DJ knife in wear:

See here for more on this photo:

Attachments

Attachments

Attachments

:biggrin1: Yes, I think he would have problems but I do like that puzzled look on Schirach's face :)

Excellent Gary, thanks for posting that.

Mike

I unearthed a photo of a girl called Helga. Clearly a postcard made for the pre-1945 UK market. She seems happy with her new issue item. This won't answer the question of whether the BDM had a special knife but at least we know that the BDM-Werk Glaube und Schönheit had them. More bad-ass than I thought they were those girls!:biggrin1:

and a photo of the DJ knife in wear:

See here for more on this photo:

Seems that photoshopped image I made of the leader wearing a DJ knife made it onto another forum and from there onto WAF. I made clear that it was a fake in my original post but it would appear that the person who posted it there didn't read that part. I wonder if anyone got excited? ;)

Ja, there were a few who were like dogs on heat after seeing it on the not-https:// German daggers forum. Some powdered wig took it straight to the not-https:// Wehrmacht awards forum too.
One could almost hear their little feet piter-pattering as they jumped up and down for joy.
I bet some of them brough a few box loads of BDM and DJ and Reichsparteitage knives down from the attic, started polishing them ready to flood the WAF estands with, together with the definitive proof that these were, after all, real.
Hell, if the joke went undetected we would probably have seen the Edelweiß crap paper displays at the shows replaced with mountains of DJ knives - each sold with a reprint of the doctored image.
:biggrin1:

haha yes, you could almost taste the desperation from Messrs Iqbal and Weinand. I love the two memes but the reaction to the photoshop with the guy wearing a DJ knife is surprising because although Wittmann claims to have such a photo (a period one - yeah, right) it has clearly never been seen by his friend Weinand otherwise he would surely have mentioned it? I'm beginning to despise WAF with its shill culture and protectionist policies towards its rich sponsors.

Bob Iqbal keeps on showing himself on that thread to be someone I instinctively do not trust. He's loving the the support he got to get the ban hammer down on WAF by moderator Serge M who really has no idea what he's talking about either but I have been told that he is always more than happy to say anything, even proper nonsense, to protect the WAF sponsors. Serge M is Serge Mache IRL by the way. I've seen him at shows and apparently hes a good friend of Wittmann's and other dealers so perhaps that's the reason that questions on the red forum are unwelcome. Here's his evidence for why the DJ knife is authentic,

1. "Examples shown in 1937 Klaas Catalog".
2. "Numerous examples purchased back-in-the-day, from vets at motel buys".
3. "Numerous bags with DJ designation encountered from different companies".
4. "And the great 1944 Damage/Loss report thankfully provided by Damasco, calling small knives"

Well lets see now..

1. NO example of the DJ was shown in that 1930s Klaas catalogue
2. Subjective, no proof. Motel and vet buys have been discredited too often to act as evidence on their own.
3. Yes, that's because the HJ and DJ shared a common knife. The bag he is thinking of is the standard paper knife knife bag for the standard HJ/DJ knife.There is NO bag known that was specifically made for these little DJ knives.
4. The great what? The only thing on the list of any interest is "small blades HJ". No mention of small grips or small scabbards. To go from "small blades HJ" to the present day and a little knife with a diamond on the scabbard and calling it DJ is a pretty long jump...

Last edited:
Back