Tiger HJ Knife

Thanks Received
Hi Everyone,
Had this for a few weeks now but had to pluck up courage to try posting photos! Cannot get a good one of the inside of the scabbard but the cotton liners are nicely present! I am guessing about 1935 from the style of the makers mark.
Nick
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

NICE KNIFE BY A SOUGHT AFTER MAKER, only detraction IMO is the scabbard has been repainted right ? Still very nice would have this one in my collection any day :canada1

No doubt about the repaint but as you say I can live with that. My intention had been to accumulate a complete set of the different maker marks used by Eickhorn and thanks to Jan I got off to an excellent start but when I saw this one I just could not resist!

Nice early HJ knive with beatiful etched motto congrats you are on THE way to get à nice collection

Nick,

Thats a nice condition Tiger hj knife :thumb:

Scabbard looks repainted at some time but its not a bad job.

Mac 66.

can i be cheeky and ask what you paid for it, ive got a few hj tigers i might be moving on and was wondering what the going price was

A nice Messer indeed! I am still learning about HJ knives and want an early or transitional myself. I found a nice Klaas transitional, except the scabbard doesn't match the knife in condition. That threw me a red flag right there. And the price. . . $1150usd. Ouch!

Yes sir, a very nice knife there friend! :yo:

ive got 4 nice tigers, 1 from each phase of production will try and get some pics in a new thread later tonight

RZM M7/68 Tiger Solingen

here some pictures of mi Tiger HJ knive
I think it is a transitional one

Attachments

can i be cheeky and ask what you paid for it, ive got a few hj tigers i might be moving on and was wondering what the going price was

Stuart, paid $695. Hurt at the time but I guess if you really want something you have to bite the bullet! Seen a lot of HJ at $400 to $500 that were nowhere near as nice as this so that eased the pain a little!

A great knife. My own double marked tiger, posted previously, has a damaged handle and missing diamond, so I'm quite jealous!
Peter.

Back