Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Training Requirements

I think this was on the old forum, but is there any place here that shows what the training requirements were, or what one had to do be awarded (as is my understanding) the HJ knife, or promoted within the HJ?

Thanks

Rob

I think I posted that information Rob. I'll start working on it later today. I wish I'd saved posts like that as it took ages to write :)

I'm sure that did and would take alot of time to do again. I'd be happy to help, but I don't have any such info. There's no rush, I had just thought of a couple things I wnated to check, but couldn't find them. Take your time, and thanks again for your time and dedication.

Rob

Many thanks Garry - it's good to have this info available again.

Regards

Russ

So, the knife wasn't just standard kit then? You had to earn it?

That's right Pat

earning the knife

Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    So, the knife wasn't just standard kit then? You had to earn it?
    Yes and no. One could also receive one for being a member in good standing, upon recommendation from the Bannführer.
    Or . . . .one could buy one on the open(sic) market, and just wear it. These were sometimes of lesser quality, and perhaps 'seconds' from the factory. (don't know)
    'FUN' for collectors 60 years later)
    Originally I had one of the latter, well worn and used a camp knife, but received a new one as a Hollandische Landesführer in the HJ Sportscamp at Millstattersee.
    Just a little memory.
    HN
    Last edited by haen; 31st May 2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by haen View Post
    Yes and no. One could also receive one for being a member in good standing, upon recommendation from the Bannführer. Or . . . .one could buy one on the open(sic) market, and just wear it. These were sometimes of lesser quality, and perhaps 'seconds' from the factory. (don't know)
    Hi Haen,

Again, very interesting. Could you tell us more on that? All of the literature I and I'm sure the rest of the members have read suggest that being presented with the knife marked a rite of passage (the Pimpfenprobe for example) and that it had to be earned. Difficult for us today to imagine a boy going to the nearest RZM outlet, buying a HJ knife and just sticking it on his belt.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Hi Haen, yes, very interesting.

Here's a pic of a knife and what looks to be a cross-strap being presented to a DJ boy. Did you see any of these events?

Regards

Russ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast