Where it all began ( HJ knife No 1 - HF Lauterjung )

Thanks Received
This was my first ever HJ picked up for the pricely sum of £80 from my local militaria dealer in March 2007.... Should have stayed at home, i'd never been in there before :001_rolleyes:

No rzm no. visible presumably this must be lost to time, the maker logo is clearly visible on the ricasso. HF Lauterjung

However what i really like is look at the hanger, K98 pouches anyone? Same style/pattern leather used, maybe late war shortage? Its a late period knife.... but the first of many :w00t:

where did you all start? get a good one on the first or did you stumble and get burnt? (that was no 2 oops)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
remember check those rivets... nice and clean not bashed and bruised :tongue_smilie:

Attachments

Heres my first one mike like you brought in 2007 £80-00 on e-bay , its all been down hill since then ( i mean money in my wallet:D)

Attachments

You were lucky.... i was just getting started on ebay pick ups 2008 i guess lol £80 maddness certainly shows the price increase.... go on who's posting i bought this for a shilling and six pence? :)

I agree with Paul, that's a late period pigskin hanger. Nice one to start with Mike, but as you know, one ain't enough!

They also used plastic hangers as well at the end of production.

My first HJ was a late M7/13 (Schüttelhofer), the most commonly seen RZM'd knife. Sorry, no pics - most of my stuff is in storage while we carry out a renovation.

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
Nice knives Steve - that Hartkopf is a real cracker!

Regards

Russ

Thanks Russ
Theres better pictures posted in this thread under "chalk and Cheese" it came from paul at" lakesider"

cheers steve

yep i have a plastic hanger, that came as hj no.3 offered to me in a wanted ad i put on a forum £45... plastic is 100% perfect, will do some piccies at some point

Look forward to seeing your plastic Mike! Forgot to mention, there were also pressed paper hangers late production as well.

Regards

Russ

This is my first and only knife (Puma). Came from ebay.de and if I remember correctly it went for 130E. Not in the best condition but it's early and more importantly bought as a birthday present for me by the girlfriend :)

Attachments

first was a tiger eh Stu, mine was quite a minx.... oh hj knives :blushing:

Great gift to recieve there Garry!

Steve's first one has become my first one :D

Brad

Attachments

Great knives everyone...wish my girlfriend would have got me one like Garry's did. Although, mine DID bring me some Schnapps from Austria... :thumbup:

Rob

Back