Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Where it all began ( HJ knife No 1 - HF Lauterjung )

This was my first ever HJ picked up for the pricely sum of £80 from my local militaria dealer in March 2007.... Should have stayed at home, i'd never been in there before

No rzm no. visible presumably this must be lost to time, the maker logo is clearly visible on the ricasso. HF Lauterjung

However what i really like is look at the hanger, K98 pouches anyone? Same style/pattern leather used, maybe late war shortage? Its a late period knife.... but the first of many

where did you all start? get a good one on the first or did you stumble and get burnt? (that was no 2 oops)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EVILMIKE; 4th August 2009 at 06:50 PM.

remember check those rivets... nice and clean not bashed and bruised :tongue_smilie:

Heres my first one mike like you brought in 2007 £80-00 on e-bay , its all been down hill since then ( i mean money in my wallet:D)

You were lucky.... i was just getting started on ebay pick ups 2008 i guess lol £80 maddness certainly shows the price increase.... go on who's posting i bought this for a shilling and six pence? :)

THE HANGER on your first one looks like pig skin also used in liners later on when COW HIDE leather became tough to obtain

PAUL

I agree with Paul, that's a late period pigskin hanger. Nice one to start with Mike, but as you know, one ain't enough!

They also used plastic hangers as well at the end of production.

My first HJ was a late M7/13 (Schüttelhofer), the most commonly seen RZM'd knife. Sorry, no pics - most of my stuff is in storage while we carry out a renovation.

Regards

Russ
    Last edited by RussellM; 12th September 2009 at 08:48 PM.

Nice knives Steve - that Hartkopf is a real cracker!

Regards

Russ

Thanks Russ
    Theres better pictures posted in this thread under "chalk and Cheese" it came from paul at" lakesider"

cheers steve

yep i have a plastic hanger, that came as HJ no.3 offered to me in a wanted ad i put on a forum £45... plastic is 100% perfect, will do some piccies at some point

Look forward to seeing your plastic Mike! Forgot to mention, there were also pressed paper hangers late production as well.

Regards

Russ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast