Who is the maker of this Hitler Youth knife ("Blut und Ehre" motto is upside down!)

Thanks Received
I have collected and sold 100's of these, but i can't remember having this maker, so don't know who it is! It's early as there is no ricasso to the blade. Other great/unusual thing is the 'motto' is 'upside down' when compared to a 'standard' one!! factor erro or where all this makers mottos etched this way? Always see something new in this hobby even after 35 years, or perhaps I v'e just forgotten!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Gustav Voss, Solingen

Hi, the maker is Voss, Gustav, Solingen. They made pocket knives, cutlery, fruit knives and nail clippers. During the Third Reich, SA daggers and HJ knives. The maker mark is a fox head.

Regards

Russ

Since the motto was up side down I would think it would have beed tossed in the scrap heap.You know how "anal'' the Germans were.

Hitler youth knife maker

Thank you to Russ who has replied and reminded me who the maker was, however I wanted to add to the thread, but found the thread was closed? Tried to email Russ too, but was told I had to have more posts? I've just started here, give me a chance!
Andrew.

Hi Andrew, not sure what happened to the thread when you were trying to access it but it looks like it is not closed or locked.
I sent you a pm, so check your inbox.
Happy to help out.

Regards

Russ

So, the upside-down motto... For this knife to have reached the market it must be like a misprinted stamp or mis-struck coin in terms of rarity? How unusual is a motto like this? Certainly the first one I've seen.

I've seen an upside-down motto before somewhere, perhaps it was this one on another forum.

I would say this is most un-common.

Perhaps this one made its way into the market because it would have been a waste of money to the manufacturer to reject it.

I don't think this would have happened if it was a later RZM marked knife.

I'd buy it if it was for sale, something different.

Regards

Russ

Back