Asian Jungvolk ?

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I found this photo on Ebay recently .

Are my eyes deceiving me , or is this boy part German and part Asian or full Asian ?

If Asian , mabye he is a Japanese Diplomats son ? I dont know .

If he is , would that have been exceptable in the late 1930s ?

The boy is also wearing an Ost Berlin Gebiet triangle .

Come on everyone , this one is begging for a debate !

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Interesting photo, and I have no idea what he is.

But this is what makes it so interesting, there is always something new and unknown to research.

Thanks for showing.

I dont think he is Asian, yes he has a similar look but if you study his eyes I think he is European.

Nick.

I am not a doctor or an antropologist, but even if his eyes are most asiatic, his face is not.
My cousin have similar eyes, and he's spanish!

Ive got scottish and irish friends with dark skin and black hair
due to italian genes in the blood line, half hour in the sun and a great tan::angry:

he has a mongolian likeness to me and i think somebody had a dilly -dally with a non germanic some where down the line ,

Steve

He is surely not Blond hair and Blue eyed .

I would think that he would be at the back of his troop during parades :crying: !

I believe this boy is entirely German.

There are a fair number of Germans who have slanted eyes and otherwise look entirely European, often even with blond hair and light blue eyes - I went to school with a German girl like this. Most often, their genes go back many, many, many generations to immigrants from eastern Russia / Siberia. I suppose the eye shape is a dominant genetic feature that remained, but don't know enough about genetics to explain how that works.

I wouldn't stick too much on propaganda and clichees. Austrians and southern germans have often brown eyes and hair and also darker skin if compared to their northern cousins.
This boy has no asian traits if you think about far east, but I agree he may have some siberian/russian genes.

People try to cling to the notion that it was some kind of exclusive white environment. But there were non whites in the SS (Handschar, Azad Hind), non whites in the Wehrmacht. Surely there were non whites in the HJ.

Hello Pat,
what do you mean for non white ? in the Handschar there were croatian and bosnian personnel and they were white, just muslim :001_tongue:
As for Azad Hind, they were definitely non white,being them ex indian POW. But none of the 2 cases strictly apply to HJ organisation since those were Waffen SS units made of foreigners.
At the time it was not possible to have so tight contacts with foreign countries and travel like we use to do now. Hence I hardly believe there were mixed HJ boys if by the term we mean euro-asian,euro-african. But there were indeed boys which did not correspond exactly to the clichè of the blonde tall arisch because not all the germans were like that.Being a mass movement it is also obvious.
I recall a memory of a SS vet from a book I've read years ago where he was very angry when after HJ he was rejected by the SS because not tall enough and they criteria were very strict. Few years later he still joined the SS and they were happy to recruit him!

I think another exception were the italian Youth movement. You had somali,eritrean,ethiopian,lybian and mixed kids in there.There were actually also a Colony detachment as well. Then when the vets of the early wars there came back and brought their sons, they grew up under the Regime like any italians would do.

Well, I may have been erroneous mentioning Handschar. I assumed perhaps wrongly that there would be members with dark complexion in their ranks.
I understand that these examples do not apply to the HJ directly. I am merely using these examples to illustrate a point. The point I am making is that if people who were not 100 percent "Nordic" looking were allowed into the SS, then I could certainly imagine them being in the HJ too. But as you said, perhaps they didn't exist because there was such a lack of easy migration back then. But then the question is, if there WAS easy migration would they have been allowed to join?
It is a subject that I often think about because it seems to be a grey area.
If any of this is ignorant, please correct me. I'm not one of those people that stick to a theory no matter what anyone else says. I am open to correction at all times.

Last edited:
Hi Pat
This is not ignorant , I posted this photo to have open debate .
All opinions and facts are welcome .
It is a fact that there were Germans serving in China in the early 1900s . mabye this boys grandfather was one of them .
I have seen hundreds of photos of Hitlerjugend , but never one that has euro/asian looks until now .:thumb:

hello Pat,

it was not my intention to correct you, at all. Please remember that english is not my mother tongue so I may give a different impression of what I mean due to my "misuse" of some words :001_smile:
I think you first question will remain unanswered. The world was very different from what it is now.

As for the Arisch concept: it is quite a complex matter to discuss. I would like to suggest you alot of good readings on the subject but they would be in my language. In a nutshell, what was considered "arisch" was quite wide, and the blonde blue eyes archetipe was referred to the Northern Arisch type. But it was not the only type.

You have not seemed impolite at all. And if I was to be corrected, that's a good thing. It's the only way to learn. As for the reading matter, I need to learn other languages. Doors will remain closed if I don't. I think you're right about this issue being unanswered. A lot of the people who lived then are gone.

I still believe the boy in the photo looks to be of Siberian decent. Berlin is a large city, it would not be unrealistic that people would come from the East or other regions to live there for many different reasons. I recall a post on the old forum that showed boys in the HJ with a similar physical appearance.

hello Pat,

it was not my intention to correct you, at all. Please remember that english is not my mother tongue so I may give a different impression of what I mean due to my "misuse" of some words :001_smile:
I think you first question will remain unanswered. The world was very different from what it is now.

As for the Arisch concept: it is quite a complex matter to discuss. I would like to suggest you alot of good readings on the subject but they would be in my language. In a nutshell, what was considered "arisch" was quite wide, and the blonde blue eyes archetipe was referred to the Northern Arisch type. But it was not the only type.

This is interesting reading on the subject

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_theory

I will have to find my Caliper,eye chart and hair sample specimens.(Europa Europa)
:pound:

I don't think this is a thread about non-whites in the Hitler Youth, at any rate, because the boy, aside from having slanted eyes, appears to be as German as any other. He certainly does not look Asian to me or even mixed Asian-European.

As said before, there are a fair number of Germans who have slanted eyes. The ones I have personally known, such as the girl mentioned before, did not have any Asian features except eye shape. Most had blue eyes and blond hair. I did read online that it is a common trait among Scandinavian people and among people from the Urals, and that mongoloid features (such as slanted eyes) are genetically dominant and therefore would be passed down through generations.

I found the picture below online, of a Hungarian woman with similar features to the HJ boy.

Attachments

Back