Asian Jungvolk ?

Pat ...I am the one who started this thread .
This is the place to debate it .
Personally I believe that it is fact that non Aryan type youths were incorporated into the HJ . However for political propaganda ...they were not photographed in the manner the way the boys and girls that had Aryan features were .

I agree, many other nationalities served in the HJ. I've seen photos that were definetly not Germanic looking youths in the HJ. It was a massive organisation.

Asian Jungfolk

go to youtube.com and type in the movie '' Europa Europa'' then select the video called "How do you recognize a Jew" it will give one a good idea of what all this Aryan BS was about.The boy that the teacher selected out of the class to illustrate what an Aryan German looked like was in fact a Jew.The movie is based on a true story

with due respect, I wouldn't take a movie as a reference for "what it was". It's a nice movie and the jewish director did a good job bringing on the big screen the story but it is not what I call a source.

Asian Youngfolk

It is my understanding that this movie was based on a true event,I believe that the author's name was Perelman,and through a number of extraordinary event this Jewish kid ended up at one of the Hitler Youth schools.According to the book and the movie this school room event happened,can I prove it, no I was not there,can it be disproved , no .I still say the whole Aryan concept was a pile of rubbish,do you really think that all of the boys in the Hitler youth were Aryan? do you think all the men in the SS were Aryan? I don't think so .Regards. Mike

Mike
This thread is not to dispute the fact the there were non Aryan members in Third Reich Organizations . This thread is to acknowledge the fact that there were .
Anyone who has done some history research knows that there were Siberian POWs who volunteered into the Wehrmacht and SS to rid there countries from Stalin.
So far no one has deputed this .
As for the movie 'Europa Europa' , it is what it is , just a movie that was produced from a book . And like most books probably a bit embellished !

That's right Mike and this is quite clear in both the 'Nürnberger Gesetze' of 1935 and RJF instructions from then right up to 1941/2. Nowhere is it stated that blond and blue-eyed `= German and that blond and blue-eyed = Aryan. Had that been the case the vast majority of the German population would of course have been ineligible to draw breath.

For 'Aryan' substitute 'artverwandt' which was the term used to describe the peoples of countries who shared a common cultural and ethnic ancestry with Germany (in Germany's opinion). These were not simply the Nordic countries either. Actually, on that one, Finland was noted as a country not to be considered as 'artverwandt'. Japan however was absolutely fine! 'oh yes, now that we're allied with them that's absolutely fine - they're just like us, always have been..' :001_smile:

That was more a political thing of course but still... makes me smile as of course it makes a total mockery of the whole thing (as of course did Hitler's personal joker card which he could pull out to decide who was a 'good' Jew and who was a 'bad' Jew).

Actually finnish people were considered arisch. Only Sami weren't (population living in lappland, but nowadays it is derogative to call them lapps).

A not uncommen look in southern Germany

About 1500 years ago Attila the Hun came through here in Bavaria, and my grandfather who served in the Wehrmacht looked very much like a Hun. Most of Bavaria has been Slavic territory before the year 1000. Which is not considered "that long ago" in European standards, as it is the time when most towns and villages were first mentioned in writing where I live.
Also a lot of Cosacks (White Movement) immigrated to Germany and Austria after they had been beaten by the Bolsheviks. Their sons had no problem to become professional soldiers and even high ranked officers between 1933 and 1939 and fought the Soviet Union in the Wehrmacht as Germans or Austrians. It was absolutely no problem to call yourself arisch even if you weren't tall, didn't have blond hair and did't have blue eyes. (Just look at A.H., Göbbels and so many others!)

Actually finnish people were considered arisch. Only Sami weren't (population living in lappland, but nowadays it is derogative to call them lapps).

Perhaps by the Germans but not in the eyes of the law.

Edit: I can't find the passage which mentioned Finland now :mad2: That means I can't attach a date to the info but I'm wondering whether Finland became a problem after the Russians invaded in '39...?

@christian: yes, and with that in mind I always thought it odd that the Nürnberger Gesetze stated 'blood' and not simply 'culture'..

About 1500 years ago Attila the Hun came through here in Bavaria, and my grandfather who served in the Wehrmacht looked very much like a Hun. Most of Bavaria has been Slavic territory before the year 1000. Which is not considered "that long ago" in European standards, as it is the time when most towns and villages were first mentioned in writing where I live.
Also a lot of Cosacks (White Movement) immigrated to Germany and Austria after they had been beaten by the Bolsheviks. Their sons had no problem to become professional soldiers and even high ranked officers between 1933 and 1939 and fought the Soviet Union in the Wehrmacht as Germans or Austrians. It was absolutely no problem to call yourself arisch even if you weren't tall, didn't have blond hair and did't have blue eyes. (Just look at A.H., Göbbels and so many others!)

:yo:

actually from my german aunt's side, her family originally emigrated from Riga to Berlin. I still have a picture of her grandfather in a cossack uniform with white headgear. By the way, she was blonde, blue eyes and very cute. She served in the DRK and married my grandfather's brother, an italian working in Germany for the Government. For some reason, he hold also an Ahnenpass, most probably but it's just a guess, because he married my aunt in Germany? OT closed :001_smile:

Back