Please login to view user info

Austrian BDM Press Photograph

a recent addition to my BDM Photo Collection,.this Austrian BDM Winter Relief Donations Press photograph by Robert F. Schostal (Agentur Schostal) or the Schostal Press Agency,Vienna.The Agency Schostal was a press photo agency, which had its seat in Vienna, but also had branches in Paris, Milan, Berlin and Stockholm.,over a million photos were produced from different areas of the NSDAP/SS/SA/HJ/RAD/Wehrmacht,. in the 1920s and 1930s & 40s,it was one of the leading names in the industry.this photo has the street name & address on the reverse Starhemberggasse 26,WIEN,& telephone number.the street & building survived the war & still exists today in the suburb of Weiden,West of Linz near the modern day Slovakian border.this is the second BDM press photograph from Agentur Schostal i have added to my collection,.the first was for a BDM school in Storkow castle,.a south eastern suburb of Berlin.,which i posted a few months back.thanks for checking out my thread.

cheers,
    si

Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting , it would be cool if somebody in Vienna could take a current photograph of the building at that address .

yeah that would be great,.i would love to have a period photo of the building & a current one,.frame them up together.

si

I like your display there Si. The big photo with the "Fahnenappel" is a great backdrop.

I like your display there Si. The big photo is a great backdrop.

thanks garry,.yeah that large photo is one of my favourite's,.i got it done at my local print shop.

cheers,
    si