BDM leader collarless blouse photo .

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I have seen 3 BDM Leader collarless blouses before but NEVER a picture of the rare uniform in a period photo .
For the purpose of documentation . I have what looks to be an actual photo of the BDM leaders collarless blouse in wear.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Great photo of a little-known uniform :thumb:
I have this one too :

Attachments

From both photos , it looks like this style of blouse was worn without insignia . If this is true , this blouse was used during informal duty . Just my opinion .

I'm a bit confused here chaps. The girls in the photos aren't wearing the type of jacket on the stand in pics 3 and 4 in post #1..? As you say, there was a BDM jacket with a round collar that was known as the "Festjacke" (it was a part of the leader uniform known as the "Festkleidung") but the one on the stand in post #1 doesn't match the version shown in the order:
[HIDE=6,29,7]

[/HIDE]

In 1941 the design of the normal leader jacket was changed (the jacket on the left in the above picture). Instead of the short version shown, the revised jacket was longer and reached the wearer's seat. This must be the version shown in wear on the period photos in posts 1 and 2 above.

Attachments

The girl in post 1 is diffenitly BDM , if you look at her collar , she is wearing a white shirt with a scarf and knot . In both photos , the jacket seems to have buttons down the front . from the chart , it looks to have the buttons consealed . I am thinking that the jackets worn in both photos are later versons ... just my opinion .

Mmm.. I see a full collar on the jackets in the period photos. There is no flap concealing the buttons so this is clearly not the "Festjacke - the one with the round collar). It's generally nothing like the Festjacke of course.

The jacket on the stand with the round collar (no lapels) isn't what those girls are wearing imo. It does seem to be a match as far as buttons and pockets go though.

Edit: I just zoomed right in on the second photo and yes, I can see that this might not be a full lapel but rather just the rounded collar opened and folded over. So when did this one appear then? I see some mention of revisions to the leaders' jacket in 1940/1 but nothing specific other than what I mentioned in post #4.

Back