Chronikwerk (chronicle) of Bann 268 - Have a look absolutely stunning!!

Thanks Received
Hi friends,
I just got something which is sooo cool and stunning, absolut unice. It is the dairy of Bann268 Berlin Zehlendorf, not just abook , see for yourself! It is a fully handmade book out of 2 pices of Oak barch, surrunded by a brass frame , binded in leather and about 500+ pages, handmade paper ( corners are put on fire and the exthing again. It has a green velvet reading band with a brass mark which has a DJ rune in the middle. The book is all hadwritten by differt persons and show over the years al activity of the group, lagerleben Fahrzen to Italy nws from the city, gossip of the Bann , handdrown pictures, newspapr articles aout the Bann and the word politics ! and it came with extra booklet about their landjahr 1938 with stories and many pictures. The book says that this is volume 2, so there might be a Vol 1 out somewhere...
It is in exccelent condition and so much fun to read. My kids say it look like a whitch book ..
enjoy and let me know if you have see something alike before
Cheers Dirk

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

insideview

Attachments

the landjahr 1938

Attachments

Interesting indeed Dirk. This could be a 'Chronikwerk' for Bann 268. The missing volume one would very probably have covered the period from the 'Kampfzeit' until this second book starts.

The Chronik (chronicle) was a history of the Bann written by those who 'were there' and its purpose was to inform future generations in the 1000-year Reich. Such books were prepared by all Banne by order of the RJF and there are many guidelines and orders covering them.

Whether this is indeed one of these chronicles I couldn't say without reading the contents but the way it has been bound etc is certainly indicative of this.

(I changed the title of the thread to make it easier to find on a search Dirk).

WOW fantastic bit of history , very lucky indeed to get hold of such a nice item, please post some more scans of this wonderfull item. pete.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the flowers! Yes it is a very nice book indeed. I started to read it but it is quite hard sice the handwriting in sutterlin is so differnt and hard to read. Thanks Garry for the topic change- you are the man!
I will make a list of what is coverd in the book and will try to scan a few pages for all.
So stand by for more..
Garry, what were the guidelines for the chronicle books?
Gruesse aus Mannheim
Dirk

Back