Deutsches Jungvolk DJ member with black Belt Buckle!.

Thanks Received
Erly one. First i have seen with that rare buckle
Looks to be the blackbox with silver rune.

Enjoy

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

That's a new one to me. Ok, the man wears a tradition stripe on his triangle and he indeed looks of an older age.

Is the black belt buckle known to anyone else or is any written evidence of this anywhere? I have just checked all my early DJ photos (even pre-TR, so called Kampfzeit), and nowhere I was able to identify this black buckle.

Rgds

Daniel

Pic must be later than 35 or when were the tradition stripes introduced? In 32 they even didn't wear triangles yet!

Rgds

Daniel

It's just a theory but I have always thought that these black DJ buckles are very early due to the fact that the DJ was an organisation that was incorporated into the Hitler Youth as opposed to the BDM and JM which were created specifically to cater for girls within the movement.

The DJ was problematic for a few years post-1933 but gradually, certain leaders were replaced and things that were distinctively "DJ" like the Kohten and Jurten were quietly done away with.

The DJ flag was a silver rune on black originally and later became white on black so perhaps these black DJ buckles were a representation of the flag and as such, were one of the things that were quietly phased out in the early to mid-1930s. I don't know but the addition of a black finish seems to make sense when viewed in terms of the flag and the history of the DJ.

Wim, have you seen any price-lists or other period literature that list these black buckles?

Garry said:
Wim, have you seen any price-lists or other period literature that list these black buckles?

I cannot remember ever having see this offered. I do not know if my memory
has "abandoned" me!

In the earliest Assmann buckle catalogue-pages with buckles from 1933, the
regular version DJ buckle was included, saying "Vorschriftsmässig gelbe Rune
auf weissem Schloss" (according to regulation yellow Sigrune upon a white
buckle). If thinking deep one may conclude they also did sell another version,
which was not according to regulations. But whatever: it was not shown!!

Zip pocket to!

Attachments

So how can you tell, If is an originaly black belt, If one should come cross one? No RZM would be found on it right?

So how can you tell, If is an originaly black belt, If one should come cross one? No RZM would be found on it right?

Chad Williams mentions that there were different manufacturers here: The Black Deutsches Jungvolk DJ buckle. I can't see any company names/marks on the examples he posted but the pictures are possibly not large enough to make them out if they are there.

Here's another thread showing two buckles with RZM symbols with one of them being fully marked by the maker M4/34 (Nordwall & Welschehold, Menden?): Small DJ buckle collection

You showed one a while back with just "M4/34" actually: Deutsches Jungvolk buckle 'Mini'? RZM M4/34

I have never seen a leaflet or catalogue showing such
black buckle. I doubt he will have seen this?

He hasn't been on the forum for quite some time now Wim but hopefully he'll see this and let us know whether he has seen some literature.

Back