DJ Hordenführer with Edelweiss and DJ achievement badge

Thanks Received
DJ Hordenführer in winteruniform with Rank patch, Edelweiss and DJ Leistungabzeichen.

Number on shoulderboard looks to me to be in the 70 numbers (73, 75 or 79) but that does not match the Edelweiss....?

Anyone recognize the mountains?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I'm pretty sure that I read some order about the Edelweiss that allowed normally non-entitled Hitler Youth members to wear it if they were attending a course or were on temporary detachment. It might also have been something to do with the Kinderlandverschickung. I'll try and find the order.

Yes, mentioned in an order dated the 15th of May 1942. Hitler Youth members who were in KLV camps in one of the Gebiete where the Edelweiss was normally worn were also permitted to wear it for the duration of their stay. Without knowing the date and location of Henrik's photo we can't know for sure that this young chap was wearing it for the above reason but it's a possibility.

Would the position of the rank patch on the upper right sleeve not date the photo to after September 1938? The Hordenfuhrer patch was worn on the lower left sleeve according to the regulations prior to that time, when it was changed to the round patch version I believe. That being said as Garry points out, not out of the question that this could be a KLV member.

Back