Freischar Junger Nation boy? with classmates and strange insignia on arm

Thanks Received
Picture is from 1932.
:i give up:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi, I think this boy could be a member of the Freischar Junger Nation or... a member of the Grossdeutsche Bund which also had a shield with cross as its symbol. The Freischar was amalgamated with the Geusen and other youth organisations into the Grossdeutsche Bund in the year of your photo.

I copied this from another thread. You can see the Freischar badge at top left:

Christian is an expert on the scouting organisations so he'll hopefully see this.

Attachments

Thx Crack, so glad that it's possible to fine gems like this. Didden't know this, unknown organisation to me!. It was later pulled into HJ I guess?..

Thx Crack, so glad that it's possible to fine gems like this. Didden't know this, unknown organisation to me!. It was later pulled into HJ I guess?..

Yes, all sucked up by the HJ. The catholic youth organisation held out the longest but eventually they were swallowed by the HJ too.

Bund Deutscher Bibelkreise sleeve patch

The history of the several hundred pre Hitlerjugend organisations in the Deutsche Jugendbewegung is hard to learn and the different Insignia of each single organisation are very hard to find. The good thing for me as a collector is, that almost nobody is searching for them. There are only about half a dozen collectors, so prices are still very moderate.

The badge in the picture in post #1 is the "Schwertkreuz" the sign of the Bund Deutscher Bibelkreise (BK) from the 1930's, an equilateral triangle. The BK was a protestant/Lutheren organisation that adopted a lot from the German scouts and the so called Bündische Jugend. The name came up in 1915. The BK had about 17.000 members in 1933.
It dissolved officially on 5. February 1934.

The cloth badge is the one pictured in the first photo.
On the Flag you can see the Schwertkreuz and the letters BK.
The buckle is usually offered as Freischar Junge Nation (FJN) due to lack of knowledge and relying on the notorious Hüsken catalogue with a lot of mistakes within the youth organisations.

Attachments

FJN

The FJN was founded in October 1930 and existed till 30. March 1933.
The sign of the FJN is the so called Baltenkreuz, it is a narrow shield with the black cross.
The drawings on the List of Badges shown in post #2 is not precise since they were hand copied and often slightly inaccurate in the old calendars and booklets where one can find them originally.

A front and reverse picture of the metal badge of the FJN can be found below.
Also one of their magazines, featuring the shield, is shown here.

If there are any doubts about my statements, please feel free to let me know
and I will then provide further written evidence from pre WWII.

Attachments

Thanks for responding Christian. I knew you would have the answer.

Back