Grandfather photo

Hi and thanks for the new images. The photo is unfortunately still a little too grainy to see any further detail other than what we discussed previously so I would still say that he is in the appointment of HJ-Scharführer and must therefore have some rank on the shoulder straps that we can't see. The rank range for the appointment of Scharführer at the time this photo was taken was Kameradschaftsführer to Oberscharführer.

He can't be DJ because the "DJ-Führerschaft" (Hordenführer to Fähnleinführer) did not wear the HJ armband when in summer uniform.

We can't see the Bann number on the shoulder straps but you mentioned that he lived in Graz at this time so the straps will have been embroidered with the number "545" (HJ Gebiet 30 Steiermark). That's all I can add unfortunately as the photo isn't clear enough to say more.

Hi,
today i looked at the photo with magnifying glass and i think i can see some numbers on it. The secound thing is that he wear an Ärmelabzeichen but i can't interpret it.

Hi Guys,
after nearly 10 years i found his Wehrstammbuch at the state archive in Vienna, with a nice picture of him.
In 1942 he joined the Kraftfahrpark Ersatz Kompanie 18 in Graz later in Innsbruck.
But unfortunately in the Wehrstammbuch ist no hint about the HJ Bann. He went to University at Salzburg so is it possible that was part of an Salzburg Bann or did he wore Graz Bann numbers in Salzburg?

thanks for your help.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Back