Help with picture of relative while in the HJ.

Thanks Received
Hello all,

I was unsure where else to post this.

I am currently doing some minor research on a family member, I recently found this portrait picture of him while in the HJ.

Could anyone help me with some identification on him?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

I'm thinking the triangle is saying "Sud Hochland" which would make sense.

I'm struggling to detect the shoulder board insignia and his position/rank, also what is this cap badge? It doesn't look like a regular HJ triangle badge to me or maybe the picture is playing games.

As you can tell I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the HJ so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
For me this looks like it was removed from an Ausweis or ID document. Sud Hochland is the triangle for sure. Difficult to make out the shoulder straps but appears to be well prior to 1937 era.

Yes, the darker strap colour could put the photo into 1933/4. The strap has both a Bann number and an Unterbann number. The latter were phased out on 1.4.1936 (announced Nov 1935). The Bann number looks like "3" or "B" with possibly something after that. Bann 3 is impossible for Süd Hochland so my guess, based on the time period would be B3 (Augsburg). I have no idea what that cap device is.

I can't see any rank insignia so we must assume that he didn't have a rank.

Thanks for the help guys, those years you told me will help greatly with trying to piece together his career.

Many thanks.

Back