Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Hitler Youth South Africa flag

Hi Fellas
    Has anybody seen this pattern of flag before ,,,

cheers steve

Admin edit: as the symbol was identified in the thread I changed the title Steve.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (100.0 KB, 39 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (105.5 KB, 31 views)

The center design seems to be an eagle in flight .

Mabye an early fleiger HJ flag . But with the Bdm girls standing by it ...I do not know.

Anyone else ???

Never seen this before. Don't think it's Flieger HJ.

../henrik

I never seen it before,but it makes me think that i could be a foreign HJ/BDM flag.

Hm. Interesting. I've never seen that symbol before. Looks like a rising sun with a bird. I'm thinking along the same lines as Patrick that this is possibly an exchange visit perhaps with a group of Volkdeutsche? The flag is flanked by DJ and HJ so it would seem to be a possibility. Is the photo dated on the back Steve?

The basic design - without the bird - looks a little like the symbol of the "Reichsverbandes Deutscher Turn- Sport- und Gymnastiklehrer e.V" [Google translation: Reich Association of German gymnastic sports and gymnastics teacher]

../henrik

It has some simularities.I was wondering if you look at a standard bannfahne the red,white and red are all the same with.this one doesn't the white is much more narrow than the red.Maybe this a homemade or early bannfahne wit the emblem shown by Henrik sewed on it.I'm just thinking outloud here.here is an gefolgschafts fahne for comparison
    Last edited by patrick1974; 22nd July 2009 at 12:18 PM.

Ah, my old Gefolgschaft flag :)

That's right Patrick. The white strip being narrower does point to an earlier period.

That flag is a real cracker Garry. I gave the current owner a link to the Bann stamp that was up at an auction, don't know if he ever bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Ah, my old Gefolgschaft flag :)

That's right Patrick. The white strip being narrower does point to an earlier period.
    I'm sorry Garry if i used it but only for comparison.Really great flag by the way i love it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast