Hitler Youth South Africa flag

Thanks Received
Hi Fellas
Has anybody seen this pattern of flag before ,,,

cheers steve

Admin edit: as the symbol was identified in the thread I changed the title Steve.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The center design seems to be an eagle in flight .

Mabye an early fleiger Hj flag . But with the Bdm girls standing by it ...I do not know.

Anyone else ???

I never seen it before,but it makes me think that i could be a foreign HJ/BDM flag.

Hm. Interesting. I've never seen that symbol before. Looks like a rising sun with a bird. I'm thinking along the same lines as Patrick that this is possibly an exchange visit perhaps with a group of Volkdeutsche? The flag is flanked by DJ and HJ so it would seem to be a possibility. Is the photo dated on the back Steve?

The basic design - without the bird - looks a little like the symbol of the "Reichsverbandes Deutscher Turn- Sport- und Gymnastiklehrer e.V" [Google translation: Reich Association of German gymnastic sports and gymnastics teacher]

../henrik

Attachments

It has some simularities.I was wondering if you look at a standard bannfahne the red,white and red are all the same with.this one doesn't the white is much more narrow than the red.Maybe this a homemade or early bannfahne wit the emblem shown by Henrik sewed on it.I'm just thinking outloud here.here is an gefolgschafts fahne for comparison

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, my old Gefolgschaft flag :)

That's right Patrick. The white strip being narrower does point to an earlier period.

That flag is a real cracker Garry. I gave the current owner a link to the Bann stamp that was up at an auction, don't know if he ever bought it.

Ah, my old Gefolgschaft flag :)

That's right Patrick. The white strip being narrower does point to an earlier period.

I'm sorry Garry if i used it but only for comparison.Really great flag by the way i love it:001_tt1:

I havent secured these pictures yet but i hope if i dont get them whoever does doesnt mind them being posted here :D

Attachments

Attachments

Very interesting pics. What was the dermining fact that they are South African HJ? Just the flag & symbol?

Thanks B-RAD & DOUG
It wasnt me that found out that they were unusual , when i got the copies i thought they were strange with the type of flag used the water buffalo the scenery and the youngsters in the pictures which made me wonder about where the location was , my sellar then informed me of the location and it seems to fit, hopefully they will be mine soon and i can post the others ,

cheers steve

Back