HJ Flakhelfer- Gruppenaufnahme

Thanks Received
Hallo,

ich möchte hier mit meinem ersten Beitrag starten.
Ein schönes Bild von HJ Flakhelfern.
Grüße Jan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
A really nice group shot .
Thank you for posting .

Flak Helfer photo

Welcome to the forum. Yes, I totally agree: nice photo. Since I'm not a Flakhelfer collector I would like to raise a question: should they not wear the typical LH eagle above their right chest pocket? Instead of they seem to wear a Luftwaffen eagle.

If my interpretation is correct, this would be quite unusual ... what do you say, chaps?

Rgds

Daniel

----
Welcome to the forum. Yes, I totally agree: nice photo. Since I'm not a Flakhelfer collector I would like to raise a question: should they not wear the typical LH eagle above their right chest pocket? Instead of they seem to wear a Luftwaffen eagle.

If my interpretation is correct, this would be quite unusual ... what do you say, chaps?

Rgds

Daniel

Luftwaffenhelfer der HJ Flakhelfer

Luftwaffenhelfer der HJ - Flakhelfer
Airforce auxiliary – Flak helpers

Initially from the beginning of 1943, the Flakhelfer (Flak helpers) wore, depending on the season, the summer or winter uniform of the Hitler Jugend(HJ), but in June 1943 a Luftwaffenhelfer (Air Force auxiliary) uniform was introduced. This was a blue-gray waist-length jacket with two breast pockets, gray-blue trouser waistband with belt loops and the blue-gray HJ cap. The HJ-cap resembled the Einheitsfliegermütze, but possessing a smaller lid. At the end of 1944 the Fliegermütze or Einheitsfliegermütze were mostly worn. For the uniform of the Luftwaffenhelfer, also belonged a coat of HJ-row pattern with six buttons, two breast pockets with center pleat and pocket flap and two side pockets . At the end of the war, more Luftwaffe uniforms - blouses, trousers and coats - were issued. According to regulations, a black leather belt with the HJ buckle was worn. But often a belt with the Luftwaffe buckle was worn in stead. The shoulder straps were only worn with the HJ uniform. In general, black lace shoes were worn, less often the boots of the soldiers.

The Flakhelfer wore more characteristic badges on the uniforms: The HJ-armband, which was worn on the left upper arm - but only reluctantly, because the boys felt like soldiers and the armband were often taken off when in action -, the orderly epaulets of the Flieger-HJ (black cloth with blue piping) and the special insignia above the right breast pocket of the jacket. This was the insignia of the Luftwaffe with the fracture-letters 'LH' (Luftwaffenhelfer) in a triangular frame. It was embroidered in white-gray or blue thread on a triangular, black cloth backing. At the front of the cap the diamond HJ badge was worn. The Luftwaffe Fliegerbluse and caps however, retained the appropriate Hoheitsabzeichen (Luftwaffe eagle) and Reichskokarde (imperial cockade).

When steelhelmets were used, it was most often Luftwaffe helmets. It is often claimed and discussed that steelhelmets with with the HJ diamond-shaped badge sometimes were used, but I have never seen any evidence, that this was the case. This kind of helmets are sometimes offered for sale, but in my opinion, they are all questionable fakes.

Read more:
Brian L. Davis: Uniformen und Abzeichen der Luftwaffe 1940-1945
J.R. Angolia: The HJ, vol. two
Hans-Dietrich Nicolaisen: Die Flakhelfer
Die blaugraue Uniform der Luftwaffenhelfer

Danke sehr interessant der Bericht.
Und wie ich jetzt sehen konnte passt doch alles .

Gruße

Back