HJ flying model aircrafts

Thanks Received
HJ flying model aircrafts/gliders at a competition.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Two more ...

Attachments

Great photos I have to say where in todays society would you find a group of kids making glider planes
and making a day out of launching them ? no where !

Great photos I have to say where in todays society would you find a group of kids making glider planes

Nowadays , boys and girls spend there spare time on Facebook .

If you look hard enough, they are out there.

Attachments

Hi folks - new to this forum - and I have stumbled here because I am building a model glider from original 1930s plans. It is from a Volkmanns Bauplan, a Grunau II. Soon, I'll be ready to cover it, and I was looking for photos to show markings, etc...

The veteran who gave me the plans told me that they often stuck little NSFK decals on the fuselages of the model gliders, so I am also looking for photos of models that show this. On my plans, the glider is shown with a KdF swastika on the tail.

Alas, I cannot remember now what the veteran who gave me these plans said for color of the models. I was more curious about the sort of glue, and whether or not our Silkspan was like German tissue they used in the 40s. He did tell me thay always put a slip of paper with their address under the wing, "just in case". He told me once of a model that returned home via a truck driver. It had gone some 16 kilometers, maybe more, but also through the machine that harvested the wheatfield.
Please excuse these three separate posts, but I am anxious to see in better detail some of the photos of gliders posted here..

Thanks, these are some interesting links indeed! I am making rather agonizingly slow progress on my model, as there is some tricky steam bending to be done, but yesterday I finally bent the fin and am waiting for it to dry, and I have got to figure out a way to unbend my ribs, which have warped since I cut them out. I didnt spot my particular model in those photos, but I sure did want to pop in for some advice. As a final help in my "time traveling", I almost always have my Ve301 radio playing period music on my workbench...Thanks for the links!

Back