HJ with helmets, machinegun and rifle

Thanks Received
HJ with helmets, machinegun and rifle

I can't identify the helmet decal, any ideas?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

schutzpolizei?

and they are using a russian machine-gun degtyarev DP28

Attachments

Last edited:
I think you are right about the police eagle.

But I'm no longer sure if he is HJ. It looks like he is wearing a fieldgrey uniform.

I think that what is making it look diamondshaped, could be the vent hole in helmet ?

yes, apparently he is wearing field-grey. The emblem upon the helmet has a dark diamond
looking background, in my opinion. The upper part for the police decal is straight. This is a
such not positioned onto the helmet.

Yeah it is the vent hole

Attachments

I have such a police helmet in my possession but instead of one vent hole above the eagle, it has two sets of vents (each with 7 small holes) on each side and above the eagle. I am guessing my one is a later issue.

I guess that this is more proof that those helmets with the hj decal are fantasies?

I guess that this is more proof that those helmets with the hj decal are fantasies?

As far as I know we have never seen a period photo of the "Flakhelfer" helmet with HJ diamond and LW eagle, and no regulations that mentions it.
The helmets of this kind I have seen for sale, all come from Eastern Europe and Austria.

The Hj decal existed and the proof is the booklet named "Hitler-Jugend im Feuerschutz" published on 1941 where its showed a M34 firefighter helmet with an HJ decal. Anyway there is no period photos of a combat helmet with an HJ decal. I even think the HJ decal in the M34 helmet was only in a few bann as a local thing.

Lordy ... !

Attachments

Back