HJ Junge made in Russia

Thanks Received
Hello:001_smile:,

I bought this photo from ebay. 11,5 x 7,5 cm. Reverse marked with russian letters in ink, very lightly. Does this make any sense. Who could explain.:001_unsure:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I'm not very well versed in photos but I have heard that copies of period photos are often marked with Russian to make them appear to be from the Soviet archives. Again I'm not very experienced but I'm sure others here can comment with more factual information.

To my opinion "my photo" its not a copy from a photo. I guess more a copy from negative. But I´m not very experienced too.
Thanks, waiting for other opinions.

Yes that's what I was trying to say that I've heard negatives were used to make "copies" of photos. But, I would wait for others here that are good with photos to comment.

Is that an SA belt? I know that they were worn early on. Does anyone know when the DJ rune buckle was introduced?

Good morning,

yes, unfortunatey this is true and you have obtained of of these so called "Russian archive photos". Despite not having any of them in my collection, I have had them in hand at a dealer in Germany who has a few of them: they are actually well made and all bear more or less the same stamp at the reverse.

Keep it as a sample, size is decent and the photo itself shows nicely the drum and belt attachment for the drum.

Rgds

Daniel

Back