Irregular HJ uniform

Thanks Received
These photos were first discussed at the old forum.

I've just received them, and here they are.

../henrik

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

you won them Henrik congrat m8.i also was bidding on them.good to see someone grom the forum has won them

Come on Kamerades .
Just look at him , he is disleksic .

I've been lucky enough to recently find a period book which I've been after for two years now. I needed it because it can often explain photos like these and in this case it does.

The boy on the left is incorrectly dressed but actually he's nearer to being correctly dressed than the boy on the right. Sounds bizarre but regulations state that a tracksuit could be worn over the normal sports kit in cold weather and that the tracksuit top should have a cloth diamond sewn onto the left upper arm. No mention is made of the triangle so strictly speaking that addition is incorrect.

It's possible that this photo was taken at a large Bann or Gebiet level competition and that the triangle was being worn temporarily in order to show where in the Reich the team was from.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add a little more information on the photo. I came across a further regulation concerning the tracksuit which specifically mentions that the triangle was not be attached.

Back