Its a bit quiet here

Thanks Received
GOTCHA:D
he is a preview of some new pictures im expecting in some , subject to the post:cursing:

cheers

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Th one is from a small album i have , i will be posting more soon ,

Attachments

Yep, the thread title worked perfectly :)

He's smoking! :scared: Tut tut :)

Nice pics which look to have been taken at a Wehrertüchtigung camp. Looking forward to seeing more.

my thoughts too gar never seen a pic with a hj member smoking i take it smoking in the hj was not an issue back in the day, was there even an age that you could not smoke????

Hi Garry
can you explain a "wehretuchtingung camp" babel fish didnt translate it,

Do you think this lad has lost the use of his left arm i know the camera can lie but it doesnt seem to be a natural stance ?

if he has no wonder he is smoking,

cheers steve

Attachments

The HJ had a big downer on smoking and drinking and that's the only pic I've ever seen showing a uniformed HJ smoking. I don't doubt for a minute that they did it in secret of course but seeing that photo was a bit of a shocker :)

Wehrertüchtigung was the name given to the pre-military training for 16-18 year-olds from 1942 onwards Steve. Modern books often point to them as evidence that the boys were being trained to fight but it wasn't until 1944 that real weapons were used in training. HJ leaders (often those recuperating from injury like the smoker) were posted from active service to take up training staff positions alongside Wehrmacht and SS men and I think that's what we can see in the photos so yes, that particular young man may well have lost his arm on active service.

A fantastic relaxed shots you have there, very refreshing to see these wartime shots, nice mix of uniform shots and caps at diffrent angles etc, id love some pics like this. very nice indeed. Pete:thumbup:

Pat
ive had a further look and it would appear to be a tank battle badge although the picture is blurred by the lenght of the barrel it looks like the bronze award, this was issued to crews of armoured vehicles other than tanks hopefully i can post better pics when they arrive

Cheers pete ,
there are some other intresting pictures with this group ,

steve

steve its looks like the lad that is smoking has a black wound badge on as well this could explain the left arm maybe a war injury

I think your right stu,
here are a few others i think they have both lost a hand , the leader appears to have a silver wound badge ,

steve

Attachments

Black and silver wound badges ? wish i had a better scanner:cursing:

Attachments

A very strange set of photos, never seen such ''RELAXED'' shots before, wonderfull yet quite perplexing!!! Pete.

Yes pete

my thoughts on a couple of the pics , are they showing how they carry out their toiletry requirements with one hand ?? as you said strange

cheers steve

Back