Looking for info on photo

Thanks Received
Hi, looking for info on this photo. Where it was taken, when and if anyone knows who this two girls might be??
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Best regards Mattias

Attachments

Photo was taken at some Sea or lake resort problibly in Germany around 1935 to 1941.

Hi and welcome to the forum. It has the look of an official photo intended for use in a BDM magazine article doesn't it so that may be the avenue to go down first but in my experience, photos like this don't name the subject but rather the photographer. Where did you find the picture?

It has the look of an official photo intended for use in a BDM magazine article doesn't it
It looks like a picture scanned from a magazine. Possibly the forerunner of the Burka ?

I found the picture on bdmhistory.com
So you guys think its a picture from a magazin, is there some way to find out more of the picture?
Any names of BDMmagazines i can look up, or do you know some one that can help me more?

It's the kind of photo that a magazine like 'Das deutsche Mädel' might have had on its front cover but to be honest it could be from any one of the huge number of books and magazines printed during the period as I'm sure you realise. We do have a lot of copies of 'Das deutsche Mädel' in the Full Member section of the forum but none with that particular photo on the front cover. I guess it could be on the inside of one of the issues but offhand I couldn't say.

As far as the date is concerned, that odd arrangement where the girls wore a normal bathing cap underneath a section of cloth with a large cloth diamond (more examples here) is mentioned in the 1940 book "Aufbau und Abzeichen der HJ". I'll have a look through the regulations to see if I can find one that introduces it (Edit: no regulation found but I did find a photo dated September 1938 showing that it was in use at that time). That will give you a little more to work with but unless you find the publication that originally published that photo then of course the chances of establishing these girls' names is extremely slim.

Edit: the cloth with

Hallo.this picture is taken from "Das deutsche Mädel" ,august 1938

Attachments

Last edited:
Thank you Dorn for doing the research and your time to find that article...this is a good example of what our forum is all about , Collectors/Researchers helping one another with CREDIBLE RESEARCH .

It is so awesome that a untitled photo can be posted on this site and could be identified in a few days.Really unbelievable. Good research

Back