Luftwaffenhelfer with LW eagle on cap.

mkholst

Thanks Received
I just got this pic of a Luftwaffehelfer and would like to share it with you - you are more than welcome to download the pic for your own use.
Note the Luftwaffe eagle on his cap.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

On the backside stand: Zum Andenken an Deinen Bruder Hellmut -In memory of your brother Hellmut.
There is the name + ? of the photographer embossed in lower right corner of the pic, but I can’t read it.
I can also see a price EUR 29,- written with pencil, but calm down, I only paid EUR 7,- for it. :001_smile:

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Maybe someone can read the name of the place now.

Attachments

Hi Christian

I think you got something magic there :clap2:- Now I mean to be able to read it as follows:

G. Fuhrmann
Kellenbach xxxx

Kellenbach is a city between Luxembourg and Frankfurt a.Main.

Do you or other members of the forum agree ?? or do you get something else out of it ??

Hi crack - Yes, I think that you read better than me :001_cool:- now I also read it as Rettenbach, but still not sure.

There is a Rettenbach I Austria as you mention, but I have also found Rettenbach (Landkreis Günsburg - placed between Stuttgart and München) and Rettenbach an Auerberg ( a bit south-West of München).

I think the keyword is the letters behind Rettenbach, I can't read them, but I am sure that they could show which of the Rettenbach he came from.

Back