Marine HJ interesting pictures

Thanks Received
Hello,
here are two interesting pictures from the Marine HJ.
Specially the picture with the boy from Bann 254, he wears an eagle on the left arm.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello,

This is a joke, isn't it ? This picture never was taken before 1945 ! That kind of unit commander would let one of his boys walking out in this "non uniform".

Best regards

Attachments

Studio portraits often show odd assortments of uniforms and insignia in all aspects of Germany during the war. I don't know if items were borrowed to make the photos more impressive, if the photographers encouraged this type of thing, or if the subjects themselves wanted to appear more important or decorated than they actually were. It does pose interesting questions, and I have noticed a lot of uniform and insignia anomalies with studio portraits in particular. Just an observation on my part. As for the thought that the photo was taken post 1945 I would be quite surprised that anyone in Germany would pose for professional photos wearing anything with a swastika after the fall of Germany. It is possible I suppose.

Last edited:
MHJ

Hello,

This is a joke, isn't it ? This picture never was taken before 1945 ! That kind of unit commander would let one of his boys walking out in this "non uniform".

Best regards

This picture is dated 1944, here is the backside.

Attachments

Hello,

There are many pictures on the net of guys disguised. Some said they are former members of elite troups and other said they received a lot of decorations. This happened after WWII but even after other loosen wars and in other countries (and not only the countries who loose the war !).
That's the first time I see this disguise. It's not a picture taken soon after the war but in MHO in the sixties or seventies when peoples who had not lived the war began the collections (and this, very often, not by a desire for historical knowledge but by ideology). The writing on the backside strikes me also : that not the writing of a young boy.
... but all that is not important at all, just a play with
truth and lies and history.

Best regards

the picture is full of wrongs for sure as for genuine it would fool me hate to admit it but true it is a great period LOOKING PHOTO. Any photo gurus out there who can give an opinion on the paper and appearance of the photo itself. Faking and reproducing WW11 pics is now a cottage industry and if this is a dud they have got it right :canada1

The chap in pic #1 is wearing one of the mysterious Wehrfunk patches that we discussed HERE. I still haven't found any primary literature that describes them.

I think in Bann 254 there was no Marine-HJ! The Bann was in Hesse and in this environment, there is no water that there could be exist a Marine-HJ.

BUT: On the backside there is a stamp with "Photowerkstätte M. Wiesend Nidda (Hessen). I know that this "Photowerkstätte" really existed.

Back