Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Marine HJ interesting pictures

Hello,
    here are two interesting pictures from the Marine HJ.
    Specially the picture with the boy from Bann 254, he wears an eagle on the left arm.

Attached Images Attached Images

Proud of his association with the Kriegsmarine apparently from the uniform and insignia he wears. Nice photos.

Is fellow on left in a AHS? Eagle on arm.

Hello,

This is a joke, isn't it ? This picture never was taken before 1945 ! That kind of unit commander would let one of his boys walking out in this "non uniform".

Best regards

Must be dress up for photo.. HJ armband with eagle... neck tie.... who is this?

What else is around neck? So no chance he is MHJ or AHS?

Studio portraits often show odd assortments of uniforms and insignia in all aspects of Germany during the war. I don't know if items were borrowed to make the photos more impressive, if the photographers encouraged this type of thing, or if the subjects themselves wanted to appear more important or decorated than they actually were. It does pose interesting questions, and I have noticed a lot of uniform and insignia anomalies with studio portraits in particular. Just an observation on my part. As for the thought that the photo was taken post 1945 I would be quite surprised that anyone in Germany would pose for professional photos wearing anything with a swastika after the fall of Germany. It is possible I suppose.
    Last edited by Gefolgschaft; 21st September 2014 at 05:09 AM.

MHJ

Quote Originally Posted by DEBERTEX View Post
    Hello,

This is a joke, isn't it ? This picture never was taken before 1945 ! That kind of unit commander would let one of his boys walking out in this "non uniform".

Best regards
    This picture is dated 1944, here is the backside.

Hello,

There are many pictures on the net of guys disguised. Some said they are former members of elite troups and other said they received a lot of decorations. This happened after WWII but even after other loosen wars and in other countries (and not only the countries who loose the war !).
    That's the first time I see this disguise. It's not a picture taken soon after the war but in MHO in the sixties or seventies when peoples who had not lived the war began the collections (and this, very often, not by a desire for historical knowledge but by ideology). The writing on the backside strikes me also : that not the writing of a young boy.
    ... but all that is not important at all, just a play with
    truth and lies and history.

Best regards

the picture is full of wrongs for sure as for genuine it would fool me hate to admit it but true it is a great period LOOKING PHOTO. Any photo gurus out there who can give an opinion on the paper and appearance of the photo itself. Faking and reproducing WW11 pics is now a cottage industry and if this is a dud they have got it right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast