Marine HJ leader pics

Thanks Received
Got these two MHJ off WAF last week ,

One has a marksmans badge and a 1931 SA brunswick rally badge, also has a tradition strip on his triangle ( is this the one you was referring to paul) any idea why he is not wearing his visor as it seems an official picture,

cheers

steve

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Great shot of the visor. I recall a discussion on another forum where a very outspoken poster was ridiculing a Marine HJ visor wreath as pure fantasy. Here's the proof. Thanks for showing Steve.

Yup, these are described in the regulations too. Who was the outspoken collector Darin?

Nice pics again Steve :thumb:

Thats spooky pat ,

I checked your thread and cant remember commenting on it ,

no backlight on mine either , did yours come from ebay.de

steve

Ah yes. He was the reason I stopped going to WWM actually. We've both got each other on ignore after he butted in on a matter which absolutely didn't concern him :)

Indeed, the silence was deafening after period photos of the insignia he called out as pure fantasy were posted, as well as information on the regs from Saris.

Well yours looks yellower than mine, so perhaps yours is real. But if I put a piece of modern paper next to mine and shine black light on, the modern paper lights up like crazy and the pic hardly lights up compared to it.
This is why I don't buy much stuff though. You just never know & I hate that :frusty:
I got mine from regular Ebay, not German Ebay, probably listed on both.

Many many years ago i owned a Marine Visor cap just like that one shame it was in the days before digital cameras and the pictures i did take are well lost for ever dam great pics as always steve well done

steve

Nice photos

... idea why he is not wearing his visor as it seems an official picture ...

On many (most?) portrait photos, no headgear is worn. There could be several reasons:

1. The photo was to be used on id-card/membershipbooks (I think headgear was not allowed on these photos.)

2. You don't wear headgear indoor (it's ill-mannered to do so)

3. ... ??

Who knows?

Well yours looks yellower than mine, so perhaps yours is real. But if I put a piece of modern paper next to mine and shine black light on, the modern paper lights up like crazy and the pic hardly lights up compared to it.
This is why I don't buy much stuff though. You just never know & I hate that :frusty:
I got mine from regular Ebay, not German Ebay, probably listed on both.

I prefer to think that a lot more than one picture was taken from a negative , and weve both got good taste:yo:

I think youre right henrik re number 1 , the most probable explanation imo

steve

Back