Marine Jungvolk - 1933

Thanks Received
Postcard size photo.

A group of Marine Jungvolk parading for General von Rundstedt.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Text on back of photo:
Wünsdorf (Kreis Teltov)
2. April bis 15. April 1933.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Sorry, but this is not Marine-Jungvolk as such but boys of the V.M.V. (Vaterlaendischer Marine Verein). You can recognise that easily by the white-ish stripe on the upper and lower edge of the cap tally.

The VMV was incorporated into the (M)HJ pretty much at the same time.

Rgds

Daniel

Thank you very much for this information.

It's almost impossible to read the cap tallys, but they seems to be from different places. At least one is from Berlin.

Sorry, but this is not Marine-Jungvolk as such but boys of the V.M.V. (Vaterlaendischer Marine Verein). You can recognise that easily by the white-ish stripe on the upper and lower edge of the cap tally.

The VMV was incorporated into the (M)HJ pretty much at the same time.

Rgds

Daniel

Thank you very much for this information.

It's almost impossible to read the cap tallys, but they seems to be from different places. At least one is from Berlin.

Hi Henrik,

yes, the golden metall thread of the VMV tallies were made with a high content of (supposedly) brass, so they faded fairly quick. Photos with well readable cap tallies are very very rare and no one of their families seemed to have the finances to visit a photo studio for a nice portrait of the boy. In over 400 portraits of naval youth I have only one decent of a VMV boy - same with cap tallies: I have only 4 or 5 of them. It was also not a big association with hundreds of thousands of members. And can consider yourselve as lucky to have found it. I like it very much but I seem to be nearly alone who appreciates such a "niche".

Rgds

Daniel

Back